Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My weakness now is morning carbs on feasting days. If I dont eat until lunchtime they dont have as much effect. I have been slacking off, not eating as clean, letting some stuff slide. Oops, gotta stop that!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I didn't eat until after 3pm yesterday - had one meal and a handful of grapes and cheese for dessert a couple hours later. Woke up STARVING this morning - ugh. I'm generally ok with not eating in the morning but I'm struggling right now. I've had a couple cups of coffee and I'm about to go make some green tea.

My worst cravings are usually in the evening. Last night I just went to bed instead of raiding the kitchen. I love reading in bed so it's a self-indulgence for me. After I'm in bed - no way I'm getting out of that comfy bed and going back downstairs to eat.

When I worked I had a fantastic donut shop right on the way, lol. I tried to fool myself by saying that a kolache was better than a donut - but it really didn't matter - I was going to have that sausage kolache anyway - healthy or not! :drool

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I finally got a brisket ground up and in the freezer. Got about 10 lbs of ground beef out of a 12 lb brisket and the dogs get a lot of good fat to mix in with their food. They love me a lot lol.

DH took some of the freshly ground meat and cooked up some patties. Ground brisket is sooo flavorful! I had one of those and about a 1/2 cup of butternut squash for my main meal today. Later I had some leftover collard greens for my dinner 'snack.' So far - it's been a good eating day and I managed to keep myself in check, lol. I made another batch of the keto peanut flavored cream cheese fluff that I made previously. Haven't had any yet so I'll save that for tomorrow.

We had almost 2.5 inches of rain. Just what we needed... not! I had some sows in an old garden area and had to turn them out. There were literally only a couple of islands that weren't underwater besides their hoop house. Just can't make them stay in those conditions.

Almost time to curl up in bed with a good Kindle book and call it a day.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got up early this morning (after a late night) and put a brisket in the smoker. Oh man,, when I tell you that my entire neighborhood smells delicious - I'm not even exaggerating. Love, love love that smoker!

Nothing much else going on...I've done all the shopping I'm gonna do - which wasn't much at all. I still need to come up with goodies for DD and family but since we won't see them for Christmas anyway I'm not in a hurry. Clarification: I'm in a hurry to SEE them but it won't happen for Christmas so I'm not in a hurry to gather gifts.

Kept walking by the kumquat tree and watching those delicious little orange gems get riper and riper - so today I decided most of them were ready. I'll be looking up a recipe for kumquat marmalade or preserves or something.

B5CE07EB-431D-45DC-9961-32AD3EF1DD6F.jpeg

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Kumquats!! I love those. As a teenager, we lived in a house in Houston, near South Main and Buffalo Speedway. In the back yard was 2 grapefruit trees, 2 kumquats and an orange tree. The whole yard fence line was overgrown with shrubs that actually protected the fruit trees from frost. I sure enjoyed those kumquats. Found some in a grocery store several years ago, ate everyone myself. LOL

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Kumquats!! I love those.
Me too! Generally they never make it into the house, but the little bush was generous this year. I've always walked by and plucked a couple off and eat 'em walking across the yard. Know who else like's em? Beau! As I was picking 'em he was trying to pick 'em with me. Gotta make sure to wash these real good!