Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses - That would be a great idea IF they weren't afraid of being alone. I mentioned to mom earlier today that "C" wouldn't be here tomorrow and she about had a panic attack. Wanted to know if they were gonna be all by themselves. Didn't think she could handle dad alone. And, she's right. It'd be a bad situation...:( More evidence that they can't go home alone...if t all. Now - just day ago she was adamant that they could stay alone... nah...not gonna happen.

@NH Homesteader - Well, if he's gonna butcher one he's gotta get a replacement, right? ;)

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well we didn't even raise the one we're butchering. He's trading labor for a ready to butcher pig our friend raised (which is working out very much in our favor so, ok). Unless it's a purebred GOS gilt I don't want it! Lol

So did your mom realize recently she can't be alone with your dad, or do you think she knew it before? Are you staying home tomorrow with them?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ohhhh, that makes more sense because I thought you only had your gilt left...wasn't sure where this pig came from, lol.

Mom has different issues every day. One day recently she told me they didn't need "C" to be there all day...and now she can't wait for her to come back. I think it just depends on...on... I'm not sure what it depends on, lol. Some days are just better than others. I really need to be at the office tomorrow - at least for a few minutes to get the release of medical records faxed to the doc and to get their apt made. I might run up there anyway.... I can be there, do what I need, and be home in less than an hour. I dunno... it will depend on how they are tomorrow. So, yes - I'm staying home.

They went to bed at 8:30 last night and slept until 4p today when I "made" them get up to eat. I've been pushing dad to drink a lot of water cuz you sure don't take in any fluids when you're sleeping. Old folks don't do well when they're dehydrated...not well at all.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
FEM, big :hugs I hope you can get something worked out for your parents soon. They sound adorable, but a handful too!

Gosh your goats and the troublemaker is beautiful :love

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Love the spotted doe! Cowboy looks very relaxed -- no way he could be a trouble maker :lol:

Parents -- so true, so true...everyday is different and a challenge. I'm still thinking cams would be helpful esp since we know they "think" all is great sometimes. (even while sitter is there) Any change is problematic for them. When alone before, I suspect there were days your mom felt overwhelmed but did as she needed to do. We just don't see or hear their problems without being right there several days in a row. I know I could call and talk to mom and you never detected issues. Even when visiting you see a "happy to see you" person & in the time you are there, THEY are happy and "just visiting", talking about whatever. Most often not much of the day to day confusion appears until they are pretty far along. I could be in the next room and my mom would "lose me". After living here 3 yrs, one day she would look perplexed and say "where is the bathroom"??? :oops: It seems they drift in and out of reality. I often wondered just what she was thinking and feeling inside herself. Certainly it was often stressful & showed.

You have me reliving and I so understand and sympathize. That is why I KNOW that while more work, the animals are a jerk back to reality and normal for you.
Also why I see the pattern. The dementia sounds Altzhimers type, mid stage. It's so hard to live & watch.

Beyond those problems.....You have enough to do. :p

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Www he's so handsome! And that spotted doe is some serious eye candy. Love the nubian colors!
Your buck is being wicked creepy in the background and it is cracking me up!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Haha! Chester is so tiny!! He's cute!!

I've seen a lot of thin nubians, do they tend to be thinner in general? Or ... Maybe I'm just used to fat Nigerians and Nigie crosses? Lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You have me reliving and I so understand and sympathize. That is why I KNOW that while more work, the animals are a jerk back to reality and normal for you.
AMEN! I literally use them as my 'touchstone'. When the weather cools off some I'll try to get mom and dad out there to see them. I've got a wheelchair that I can put dad in and then mom could use his walker (even though she gets around pretty well without anything). It will give her a little stability on un-level ground.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chester -- you say he's standing behind the black doe laying down -- do you mean that little black fuzz with the white tips on his nose/head???

That is Chester (the itty, bitty Pygmy) lol. Actually, he's dark brown in real life... monitors don't always catch subtle color differences. He is a spring baby from this year - but is well over 6 months old and fully capable of breeding ANYTHING he can REACH, (which won't be much) lol!!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am awful about running out without breakfast,

Figured as much! Everyone & thing there was fed tho...:cool: It's the rush to get done & get to work on time. I know. Get a bottle, carry a glass out and skip the donuts. Just for the sake of nutrition....;) Will help with the mid morning hunger you generally have, also. Carry lunch & eat early.