Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Because we missed all the attention you get when you're in the hospital - we decided to go back and spend Monday afternoon/evening in the ER. Thought we would be admitted but managed to get our "attention fix" and got out of there and home by midnight. Poor DH - he's exhausted all over again but hopefully this is the end of this long drawn out not so fun adventure.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Because we missed all the attention you get when you're in the hospital - we decided to go back and spend Monday afternoon/evening in the ER. Thought we would be admitted but managed to get our "attention fix" and got out of there and home by midnight. Poor DH - he's exhausted all over again but hopefully this is the end of this long drawn out not so fun adventure.
Oh no! Hope everything is good and you get some much needed rest today

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep, they were able to resolve the problem with a bedside "surgical" procedure. Minor-ish, but not so much fun if you're a guy. And, I get to clean and pack an open wound for the next couple of weeks. That's all I'm saying about that, lol.

Follow up with his endocrinologist this afternoon. Then back to his PCP later this week and then another follow up with urology next week.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today started with me running to town to look for wound care supplies. I swear to goodness nobody in town had what we need. I've ordered what I needed online and have my fingers crossed that what the hospital sent us home with will last until the order gets here.

After I got home from that errand I hauled DH to a doc appointment with his endocrinologist. He nearly passed out while were there so they did some blood work to check his hematocrit and hemoglobin. He's been bleeding since the procedure last night even though the wound is packed. It's not real heavy, but it's pretty steady leaking blood. He takes 3 blood thinners and when there's a planned surgical event those are stopped several days ahead of time. No way to know he was having a surgical procedure last night so he still had all blood thinners on board and that wasn't necessarily a good thing.

I repacked the wound this morning and of course taking out the old packing and putting in the new dislodged everything and the bleeding increased. He wont' be taking those meds for a couple more days.

After that appt I dropped DH at home and I went back to town to get more prescriptions. I haven't stopped moving all day. But, I'm about to go fix him a hamburger and I'll collapse afterwards, lol.

Hopefully, this is the last chapter of this story. The ultrasound and CT scan last night didn't pick up any other areas of infection so... :fl :fl :fl

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He will be ok—he has a great nurse!
Thanks Bay. Right now he has a tired nurse! We were supposed to put my truck in the shop this morning for tire rotation/balance and brakes. I heard grinding one day when driving to the hospital so I haven't driven it since. The appointment for my truck was made before the ER trip and we're just not ready to do it now - so I decided to reschedule it for Friday. No way do I want him driving to pick me up from the shop and no way do I want to sit there and wait until while the work is done.

Somewhere in the past week I managed to butcher 6 more quail...still have more to do before setting up the breeding pens for winter.

I haven't spent a lot of time with the goats lately so when I finally did get a better look at them yesterday it's pretty easy to see that their bellies are really increasing. Babies on the way! In less than two months we should have babies on the ground! Whoop! It'll be bittersweet because that's the time I'll start the next herd reduction. It's pretty easy for me to sell babies - it's harder for me to sell does that I've had around for their whole lives - but it's got to be done.

Hoping for a Happy Wednesday for all!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks Bay. Right now he has a tired nurse! We were supposed to put my truck in the shop this morning for tire rotation/balance and brakes. I heard grinding one day when driving to the hospital so I haven't driven it since. The appointment for my truck was made before the ER trip and we're just not ready to do it now - so I decided to reschedule it for Friday. No way do I want him driving to pick me up from the shop and no way do I want to sit there and wait until while the work is done.

Somewhere in the past week I managed to butcher 6 more quail...still have more to do before setting up the breeding pens for winter.

I haven't spent a lot of time with the goats lately so when I finally did get a better look at them yesterday it's pretty easy to see that their bellies are really increasing. Babies on the way! In less than two months we should have babies on the ground! Whoop! It'll be bittersweet because that's the time I'll start the next herd reduction. It's pretty easy for me to sell babies - it's harder for me to sell does that I've had around for their whole lives - but it's got to be done.

Hoping for a Happy Wednesday for all!

from humps to lumps and all on a hump day. :)