Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Been home several days now and settling into a new routine. I do a lot of med dispensing and food prep. I've got his carbs/insulin down to a pretty fine science now. And - it's working. His blood glucose is under tighter control than I've ever seen it in over 20 years. Isn't he lucky to have such a controlling wife, lol!

He can get out of a chair or the bed by himself. Whew - my back thanks him. He's walking more and only using a cane instead of the walker.

Yesterday we ventured into town to pay a quick visit to his 90 year old mother. Right now she's probably more mobile than he is - even though he's improving daily.

I've gotta say that today was the best day since we've been home. I had some energy for a change. Yesterday I thought I might not ever get my energy back. I started drinking some electrolytes in my water and for whatever reason it seemed to have kick-started me.

I got outside! Didn't have much choice - had tons of stuff that had to be done. I unloaded feed and mowed the yard. It's supposed to rain tomorrow and Thursday so I needed to get the mowing done. Had to put the charger on the mower cuz the battery was dead, dead, dead. But, it got done.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just getting outside could be huge for your well being! Still warm there, maybe put hubs in a chair in the sun for a while. Getting out to see his mom was probably a nice event for him, he's always been attentive of her. :love

It's wonderful he's back home and YES!!! he's lucky you are controlling his status. That insulin/carb thing is critical as he seems to be very sensitive to it at this point. Dontcha just wonder 🤔 ....he's a nurse and KNOWS better! :th 😁 :old :idunno

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I really should put the hot tub back in service. It's been off all summer, but tonight we're getting a really healthy cool/cold front. It needs to be drained, refilled and chemicalized before use. Ugh! I haven't had a glass of wine in weeks. o_O Normally I'd jump on that suggestion but for whatever weird reason it doesn't sound like what I want. A couple shots of tequila however, doesn't sound bad at all, lol!

I haven't even had to knock one treat out of his hands. He's on the bandwagon!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You are taking excellent care of him and I know he deeply appreciates it.
Ha! One would think, right? LOL - he had a snarky moment yesterday. :somad (totally out of character for him) But - he got over it quickly after I reminded him that he shouldn't bite the hand that cooks the food, brings it to him him, helps him dress, and washes his clothes and sheets, and makes the bed, and other things too numerous to mention. I guess he's allowed a "moment" but one should not get carried away!

Today marks the end of breeding season. I put Frankie with the does on Aug 1. Conan went in a couple weeks ago and Bossman had a few days to try and sow his wild oats. However if they girls aren't all bred by now - they aren't going to be. Kidding season could start as early as 12.29.21 and go through 4.3.22.

Our cold front got here last night. I know it's not cold compared to what a lot of you guys live with but I'm a cold weather wuss for sure.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ha! One would think, right? LOL - he had a snarky moment yesterday. :somad (totally out of character for him) But - he got over it quickly after I reminded him that he shouldn't bite the hand that cooks the food, brings it to him him, helps him dress, and washes his clothes and sheets, and makes the bed, and other things too numerous to mention. I guess he's allowed a "moment" but one should not get carried away!

Today marks the end of breeding season. I put Frankie with the does on Aug 1. Conan went in a couple weeks ago and Bossman had a few days to try and sow his wild oats. However if they girls aren't all bred by now - they aren't going to be. Kidding season could start as early as 12.29.21 and go through 4.3.22.

Our cold front got here last night. I know it's not cold compared to what a lot of you guys live with but I'm a cold weather wuss for sure.

that spaced line between the first two paragraphs is very important to take into consideration, especially when speed reading... :)

we had frosts here the past few nights. i don't really like the cold, but i do like all four seasons to actually be all four seasons. aside from that... well, we shall survive. i also read four books in the past few days. i'm ready to get back outside this coming week as the weather has finally dried out enough and the ground should be ok for doing some gardening work for a change.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
that spaced line between the first two paragraphs is very important to take into consideration, especially when speed reading... :)

we had frosts here the past few nights. i don't really like the cold, but i do like all four seasons to actually be all four seasons. aside from that... well, we shall survive. i also read four books in the past few days. i'm ready to get back outside this coming week as the weather has finally dried out enough and the ground should be ok for doing some gardening work for a change.
:yuckyuck:gig