Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mid fifties today and the sun is out! It's pretty awesome right now.

I'm headed to town for pork shoulders that are on sale. They're .89 a lb so I'll pick up what I can. I think the limit is one per day, but the store isn't that far away so I'll go several times over the next few days. I see more canning in my future. I'd like to smoke one or two for pulled pork that can go in the freezer. Haven't ever canned any pulled pork, but a little worried that it might be too thick? I dunno...need to research it I guess.

DH is back to his sweet self. :love Unfortunately, he's having trouble sleeping. He says he feels claustrophobic and anxious in the bed so he's back to the recliner. Next week is the start of follow-up appointments. So far he has three appointments in two days. I'd rather get them all over in a couple of days instead of dragging them out.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Mid fifties today and the sun is out! It's pretty awesome right now.

I'm headed to town for pork shoulders that are on sale. They're .89 a lb so I'll pick up what I can. I think the limit is one per day, but the store isn't that far away so I'll go several times over the next few days. I see more canning in my future. I'd like to smoke one or two for pulled pork that can go in the freezer. Haven't ever canned any pulled pork, but a little worried that it might be too thick? I dunno...need to research it I guess.

DH is back to his sweet self. :love Unfortunately, he's having trouble sleeping. He says he feels claustrophobic and anxious in the bed so he's back to the recliner. Next week is the start of follow-up appointments. So far he has three appointments in two days. I'd rather get them all over in a couple of days instead of dragging them out.
All good news!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
BJ slept in a recliner because his various joints hurt so bad. I bought adjustable 2 extra long twins (king size) beds with massage and he could prop the head up slightly and the foot, turn on the massage and rumble off to sleep. Even after all the joint replacement surgeries, he still slept slightly propped up. Best purchase ever.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep - we have one of those beds too. Love, love, love it! He started out in the bed last night and ended up in the recliner this morning. He made it most of the night and only came downstairs at about 5:30. He's never been a good sleeper so anything that disrupts his pattern is a problem.

I'm slightly concerned that his strength isn't coming back any quicker. He's still weak and gets dizzy a lot. However, he's lost 20 lbs (and I've lost 10). We need to talk with his various docs about medication dosages at this lower weight. Twenty lbs might not make a huge difference, but the loss is continuing so it might be a concern at some point.

I'm still running out of daylight before I run out of chores, but nothing else to do but keep trudging along. I'm not complaining because at least we're home and he's on the mend. Overall, I'm a happy camper. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WooHoo - DH slept in the bed alllll night and felt well rested when he got up. Yay! Several doc appointments coming up in the next couple days.

Sat down earlier to watch the Texans game. What a waste of time. They suck. :confused:

went out at half-time and butchered 6 more quail. Those little buggers eat a lot so I'm glad to get them off my feed bill. I've still got more to do though...

Spent a few minutes adding some dirt to the potato tubs too. I call it gardening, even if it's in increments of just a few minutes, lol. If I get my fingers dirty - it's gardening!

I still want to start some micro greens - but I still haven't done it. Argh - procrastination. :mad:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
For you to say your beloved Texans suck, you must be really disgusted.4

I'm pretty put out with them. I guess the new coach wants a whole new team because he traded away all the talent that we had. I know the new quarterback was injured - but he came back today and was just as sucky as the back up quarterback. I've been a loyal fan for a lot of years - and I still am - but I'm voicing my displeasure, lol!