Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
my brain really lights up with joy juice when i can cross an item off the list. :)
Absolutely agree!

It feels absolutely wasteful to me if I don't take advantage of cooperative weather/conditions. If I don't, I'll look back on these days and make myself feel guilty for not doing what I could when I could.

Nothing different on the list today except I'm going to try to hang a gate in a better place so when I move the bucks it'll make feeding them a lot easier. Where their gate is tends to get pretty muddy so I'm going to move it. Probably won't take long until that opening is muddy too but maybe I can alternate, lol!

I need to start putting cardboard down in the in-ground gardens. It'll make spring gardening so much easier. I'm all about working smarter not harder. Hope this works.

I've had to put myself in time-out from ordering more seeds. I keep seeing things I want to try. I've gotta put a limit on the seeds because I have a limit on places to plant them. Maybe I just need more gardens!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
But, but, more is better!
You speak the truth! I actually am considering adding more raised beds, lol. I kinda want to make a raised bed/mini screenhouse to grow tomatoes without the stinking stink bugs destroying all my 'maters for another year.

I got the gate hung for the bucks area. Yay! But, as is normal around here every other day or so (ok, not really that often but sometimes it feels like it) the electric fence is on strike. Guess that means I get to go ride the tractor around the fence line and look for branches hanging on the fence or vines that have grown up and grounded it out. Or, It might need a change of battery. I have a sneaky suspicion that my solar charger is not solar charging. But, it can just be problematic if it wants to - I have another battery. I guess I can keep charging them and changing them out. Sigh...always something.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh - rain today sure put a kink in my plans. I did get the west wall (if you can call a tarp a wall) on the buck shelter. Had to move Frankie out of the communal shelter because he's bullying the other guys. They 're older and bigger - but Frankie has weapons on top of his head. Big weapons. The other guys aren't dummies - they stay out of his way. But, when he's hogging the shelter and the food that's not ok.

Things smell really good around here. We thawed out a turkey that was taking up space in the freezer and put it in the smoker this morning. Decided I might as well smoke a bunch of stuff while the smoker was smoking. Have a slab-o'-ribs and some sausage cooking too. Even made a batch of low carb dressing starting with cauliflower rice.

Need to go feed the critters and then come back in and feed ourselves.