Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Eggnog and bourbon is my drink of choice tonight. Merry Christmas to me!

i didn't get any eggnog this year, yet, i just asked Mom to put it on her shopping list to see perhaps if any is still around or even on sale. i don't need hooch in it, but extra nutmeg is good to have on hand. oh, and i said that if there wasn't any eggnog just to grab some vanilla ice-cream. i can put nutmeg on that instead... :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No eggnog or tequila this year, lol. Actually, I can't even remember the last time for either one, lol. Eggnog - delicious but a bit too much sugar...and margaritas give me horrible indigestion. :(

I have a bit of a goat issue. I bought Frankie, the young Kiko buck in February of this year. His breeder told me he would gladly buy him back from me when/if I wanted to sell him. He wrote the same on the bill of sale. I like Frankie, but he has huge horns which are destructive. My plan was always to keep him for one breeding season and sell him back to his breeder. I'm through using him and was about to contact his breeder when I found out yesterday that the breeder has sold out and no longer has goats. ARGH!

I'm tossing around several ideas in my head.
1. I may contact him anyway and just act like I don't know he sold out and see how he responds. He may be willing to take him back and resell him to the person who bought his herd or he may be willing to help me place him.

2. If not, I'll ask him if there is a way to provide Frankie's registration documentation because I never asked for it when I bought him. (because I planned on selling him back) I don't register my goats but if I'm trying to sell Frankie for the same price I bought him for I will probably need registration papers.

3. I could keep him. I could pen him separately away from things he can destroy and away from the other bucks that he's beginning to bully with his horns.

4. If I keep him, I could try to band his horns and remove them.

I guess at this point I'll wat and see what kind of babies he throws. If I get a good replacement prospect, I'll decide then if I should try to sell him or keep him.

I'll think about it later, lol.

Need to get busy. I want to shovel some more barn dirt and spread it in the garden. Trying to figure out a way to shovel one handed. I'm having a tiny shoulder issue and I don't want it to become a bigger shoulder issue. Sigh...

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm tossing around several ideas in my head.
1. I may contact him anyway and just act like I don't know he sold out and see how he responds. He may be willing to take him back and resell him to the person who bought his herd or he may be willing to help me place him.
I really like this idea. If I ever got out of breeding ducks I would always be willing to help families place one. Even if I couldn’t have it back. Just give him a ring!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm about to talk myself into keeping Mr. Frankie - almost, lol.

I worked in the barn today and got the one big kidding pen turned into two kidding pens. Probably, maybe shouldn't have used the post pounder with my ouchie shoulder, but I did. So far it's not any worse. Yay!

Also boiled up a butt load of quail eggs. I'll start tossing some to the pigs and some for the dogs too. My dogs think a tiny little quail egg is a real treat - they love 'em! I complained earlier about not getting quail eggs and now I can't keep up with 'em. I still want to pickle some - just not happening right now.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What's one more??? :lol: :lol: :lol: always tomorrow.....you can rethink :hide
You know me well, lol.

The other factor playing into this decision is that I checked birthdays and was shocked to find out that Bossman (kinder) is almost NINE years old! He will get the nod next breeding season for sure!

Latest posts