Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like an amazingly productive day
Thanks! Semi-productive at best, lol. At least according to how much list I have left to take care of today.

After getting ducks moved yesterday I need to move their pool today. It'll have to be drained, cleaned and hauled out behind the barn. After that I need to finish DH's chore from yesterday that neither one of us managed to finish. We need to dig out the shut off valve for the water lines that go out to the pasture. We usually keep the hole covered but neglected to do that this year and so it filled up and got lost, lol.

I need to get out the frost cover cloth for the upcoming cool weather. Honestly, it's not supposed to be getting that cold, but sometimes at the last minute the forecast changes and we get caught unprepared. Don't want that to happen. I'm determined to have a productive garden - even this time of year.

I really don't know what to think about my eggplant bushes blooming like crazy right now. They are supposed to love heat, right? Oh wait - we've had heat! I probably should take them out for the extra room - or at least cut them back and try like crazy to keep them protected. Otherwise, I know they won't make it through until spring. I'll at least take some cuttings and see if I can get them started. If so, I'd have a jump start on re-planting in spring.

Going to try (again) to get Frankie's feet trimmed. He's not so fond of the idea so it promises to be a rodeo! Yee haw!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Geeze - never even got close to Frankie today - argh. Trying to get ready for the light freeze that's headed our way. I truly believed we were going to stay in the 80's all winter! So, what the heck? Weather guy says we will have a high of 86 tomorrow and a low of 34 Sunday morning. A fifty-two degree difference! Oh, and we'll have high winds so with the wind chill it'll feel like 22 which will feel like more of a 64 degree difference. Way to go Texas weather!

Lots of plants think the same thing! I have found several squash plants that have sprouted in one of the raised beds. Must be from last year because I certainly haven't planted any squash, lol. Also found some volunteer habanero plants along with tiny basil plants. Might try to dig a few of those up and save them.

Did 2.6 miles worth of steps today. I need to bump that up somehow. I spent time working on trying to salvage eggplant. I had pushed some lateral branches down into the dirt some time ago and was pleased to see that roots had developed. I cut those off and potted them. They are on the back porch and will be moved inside tomorrow night. I also took some cuttings and will try to get them to root too.

DH finally got the water shut-off valve dug out and cleaned up. He took his mom out for lunch today so his working time was short. He'll finish up tomorrow.

Happy New Year folks!

Latest posts