Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sigh... I told him I was gonna feed her some rocks before I put her on the scale!
I think that's what they do with hay up north!! Got so many in a couple bale's last yr. I saved and took back to the dealer.....I wanted to sell them back!! ;)

Yes, sell eggs!! Yes, remove pigs from feed bill! Plus.....find a goat milk soaper in your area. I get $7 a gallon here. This morning she asked if she could give my number to a few who've asked about milk. Sure!! I can do "goat shares" with my herd. It could sure pay the feed bill....these Saanens give bodacious amounts of milk. It could even bring on my staying home. :hide I'm at 15 does....only 1 buck. But, Boers are coming in next 90 days! I have to buy more....so few I can count them now! Something needed to eat grass.

Hey, that Myo sire is AWESOME!!! Except for color, some of my old Boer bucks looked like that....huge. I'm doing it again! :old 😁 :lol:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Your saying you needed to clean hoses for milking machine...spurred me on. I just spent for a new one. :lol: This one is with pump, pulsator, powered with rechargeable or plug! I've put it off since you got your simple pulse....been a while!

Hope it works well. :idunno :old someone better kid so I can try it! 😁 soon! Maybe I should have waited a month??? But like you just had a party of kiddings, I will in mid March. Plus 3 others are looking like 30 days is possible. Damned sneaky girls. With shipping it might not get here for 2 weeks although they say one. 🤔 if I don't like it, have time to return....that's a plus!

Should have bought seeds. Cheaper!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just spent for a new one. :lol: This one is with pump, pulsator, powered with rechargeable or plug! I've put it off since you got your simple pulse....been a while!

Woo Hoo! I'm excited for you!!! What kind did you get?

I'm still deciding who's going in the milking line-up this year. I guess I need for them all to kid and then I'll make the final decision. I've got one I want to get milk-stand trained and maybe another experienced gal that I'll use. I wish I had an outlet for milk - I'd love to sell it. Maybe I'll advertise to soap makers.

You're getting Boers again soon too! Have you found them yet or still on the hunt?

I had another kidding this morning. A single from an experienced mom....but a BIG ol' single doeling so I'm not going to complain. Might have another delivery upcoming tonight or tomorrow morning. Cameo is looking like she's getting down to business. Her udder has been growing all day, but I can still barely feel ligs. But - she was digging herself a nest so I moved her into a kidding pen. Going to check on her for awhile - then I'm going to bed, lol. She's done this before and has never needed my help.

Got three more rounds today and got 'em unloaded and parked. Nice feeling to have that done.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow that's like 5 or 6 who've kidded now? Definitely more doelings 😁 Nice!!

I got one with decent reviews. Ones negative I could see where some didn't know how to work, couple damaged & replaced. Anbull 14L. Not exactly what I thought I wanted but, adjustable pressure/pulse, good materials, etc. After $60 disc, only 135. Can return. But if I use and just don't like, not a huge investment either. Simple Pulse start at $822 now and look bulkier than when you bought (and I looked). This one gives me a unit to try, use and know what I might rather have if not liked. I could buy one each yr at that price. 🤫. Heck, I've only milked by hand or with a direct pressure, manual pulsing. This seems an improvement....esp if milking 6-7. These things are tough with no hands on to try or even look! And so many out there, most chinese. Not going 2K route.

I'll let ya know how it is when received. Figure I can pump water and my thumb to test at first:lol: feel pressure, etc. Last yr I looked, then so busy at work, almost didn't milk at all. Not happening again! Don't need to work that much. Priorities realigning. ;)

Boers. Two farms with great stock. Looking to get a couple bred does, and a young buck by a buck I can't afford and not for sale...:lol:. One has a nice grown one they may sell depending on what they keep from doelings. I'll start and improve as it comes along.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow that's like 5 or 6 who've kidded now?
Actually, it's like 9 who have kidded in a week. Count is 15 kids - 5 bucklings and 10 doelings.

Downsizing is a long-lost memory. Herd building is now the name of the game!

SS is all about adapting to changing circumstances right!

As of now - no more talk about herd reduction! :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, SS takes center stage. I need another ram, a couple more registered ewes, plus the keepers…

I’d better find my farm soon! LOL
You better! Are you going to look in the Groveton area - or open to the perfect place wherever it is?

Slept in! And, now I'm sitting in, lol. Coffee is extra special this morning for whatever reason. Maybe it's because I don't want to go outside yet. Shouldn't be any surprises from overnight. :fl Two left to kid but one will be several weeks behind this first bunch. Whew... it's been a little hectic!

Need to dig through the freezer. I've got some chicken legs/thighs in there that I'd like to get canned. Gotta move some things out to make room to get some piggies moved in.

It's supposed to be an upside down day getting cooler all day instead of warmer. Ugh. Yesterday we hit 77 and I was outside in shorts and a t-shirt. Not today! However, starting Monday we're back in the mid 60's and going higher for several days. I'm ok with that. This weather is allowing me to be outside getting thing done that I didn't do when it was so hellishly hot in summer.

Gotta get busy!

Latest posts