Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
That's Luna - a Kinder. I have another Kinder that's black with moon spots and Cameo the Nubian that's more of a dapple. Love her pattern! One of Luna's babies has very faint gray moon spots on a white body. She's in the middle of the tire with a dark spot on her withers and you can sorta see the gray spots. She's pretty!
She's a keeper! 😍

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another one of those busy days. I can't waste this unseasonable, but awesome, weather! Started out moving critters around. Moved chickens , then moved some goats/babies, moved pigs back where they belonged after a couple of them didn't stay where I put them last night. Ugh pigs. They have a new gate now and I don't expect them to go walk-a-bout anymore.

Put out a new round bale. Might get some rain in a couple days so I wanted to get that done. Milked a couple of the mama goats who have singles. I can't stand looking at those uneven udders, lol. If those babies don't figure it out I'll start milking without needing to separate mommy's and babies. I'll just milk the half that the babies don't use.

Got 3.7 miles of walking around the farm today. Felt good!

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cameo’s Cutie:

BB696347-474F-4C56-90BB-CDE6556110B7.jpeg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a good day on the farm yesterday!

I only walked 4,949 steps yesterday, all of it in the house. 1.8 miles. Up and down a ladder, but for that to show up, it has to be 10 feet high. Ceiling isn’t that high, so my knee bone crunching doesn’t count, except as mere steps. More of the same today.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The only goats that would ever make me get goats again are kikos, they’re so dang hardy, and those Kiko crosses are 😍 I told my DH we could probably fence in our acres of woods and brush and fill a bucket of water every day and kikos would be good for a long time 😂

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
correction: MORE goats :lol:
Of course you need MORE! :p

The only goats that would ever make me get goats again are kikos, they’re so dang hardy, and those Kiko crosses are 😍 I told my DH we could probably fence in our acres of woods and brush and fill a bucket of water every day and kikos would be good for a long time 😂
I think you need some for sure! They'd do a great job of clean-up and I'm told they don't taste half bad.

Well, it seems our lucky stretch of weather is coming to an end. Supposed to get wet and have a couple nights of freezing weather. Ugh! More work needed to get ready for that. I'll be doing the animal shuffle. Thankfully no babies due. Only have one more doe left to kid - and she's got some time yet to go.

Guess I better get started before it gets cold. I plan to do some serious hibernating when that happens, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It happened - the cold found us. The wind is worse than the cold! Thirty-five mph gusts. Moisture moving in this afternoon and if it hangs around long enough it might switch to sleet. Well, isn't that a fine howdy-do? :th

I don't like it so much. I'll suit up after my next cup of coffee and go out. Then I think I'll come inside and can something. Need to get some beans done. Probably do some black beans. I should probably thaw out some chicken leg quarters and get some of that done too. Always something!