Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's a pretty interesting story. I can't even imagine how he got him out of that mess, lol. Give it a few more years and you'll probably have more stories. I've had so many critters for so long that I've learned that "stuff" happens. My problem now is remembering it all, lol! :old

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
One year we had a heck of a time with ewes getting their heads stuck in the fence. No idea why. Same fence before and after and it hasn't been an issue. TG I can see the fence line from my kitchen sink. I grab the binoculars and watch for a while when I see them grazing through that fence. They're not too bad to un-stuck (I an do it alone), just so stupid that they keep trying to push forward through the fence.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That’s crazy, and you don’t even have horned ewes do you? What the heck were they doing? Lol. My ewes are currently rubbing their neck wool off sticking their heads through the cattle panels to get grain I drop because they stick their dang heads so far in the feeder I can’t actually feed them 😂 sheep… 🤦‍♀️

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
That’s crazy, and you don’t even have horned ewes do you? What the heck were they doing? Lol. My ewes are currently rubbing their neck wool off sticking their heads through the cattle panels to get grain I drop because they stick their dang heads so far in the feeder I can’t actually feed them 😂 sheep… 🤦‍♀️
no horns here!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not even 3pm and I've worn myself out. Need a break and a diet cherry dr. pepper to regain my strength. Don't drink a lot of soda, but by golly I earned this one.

Hauled a couple cart loads of hay to the goat pens that don't have access to a round bale. That took a good minute. It's only made a bit worse when goats are trying to jump into the hay cart that I'm trying to carefully maneuver in and out of gates. No weirdness here, lol! :lol:

Had to spend another minute (or three) sitting on a bucket in the goat pen. It's mandatory to have tame babies - so it's mandatory that I sit my butt on a bucket and let them chew on me.

Decided today was the day to approach the quail cull a little more scientifically. I weighed all the remaining quail and kept the 10 biggest females and the two biggest males. The rest will be butchered. Probably not today - but most likely tomorrow.

After all that outside bird work I decided to do some inside bird work. Chicken is in the canner. I've only been trying to get to that for longer than I care to admit.

Sitting on my butt again - but not on a bucket, lol. Gonna savor this Dr. P before I decide what else is on the agenda for today.