Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Haven't done tons today. Fed this morning and had to move some more hay around. Kinda sucks having some of the critters separated. It's better for them to not have to compete so much for everything by being in separate pens - but it's harder on me. Not too bad - just takes a little longer and I get in a few hundred more steps.

I got the jars of canned goods that I've done the last few days put away. I tend not to move my jars until they're totally and completely cooled. That can take days, lol. Then I decided I really had to dispatch the rest of the quail that weren't being kept as breeders - so I did that. I butchered 11 quail in about 25 minutes and that included breaking up a dog fight and catching a quail that almost got away. I still feel a little bit guilty about just taking the breasts and not the whole bird but I'll try to get over it. The dogs each got a couple to munch on - so it's not really wasted and they're not complaining.

I have a roast in the crockpot. I didn't get it on really early so I hope it's ready to eat sometime before midnight or so. Rib-eye roast with lots of onions, garlic and red wine for flavor. It's smelling pretty good in here right now.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok to all you naysayers, lol. I AM reducing the herd somewhat this morning! In a weak moment yesterday evening I listed a couple goats for sale. I had tons of responses - even to my higher prices and have someone coming to pick up a doe (yes, a grown doe) and her two babies later today. So there! :tongue

My brain is mush this morning so I don't even know what else is on my "to do" list today. But first I've gotta catch those goats.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chloe and her two kids. One of her kids is a doeling so I surprised myself with that one. But, I'm trying to clear the deck for the ones I actually do plan on keeping. I listed the horned female also and have had a couple responses, but I haven't sealed the deal yet.

Latest posts