Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks @farmerjan! He is truly a joy to be around. (all my grandkids are!)

I feel lucky that a 15yo teenage boy still enjoys spending time with his gramma! But more than willing to admit that it might have something to do with being in a house with 4 sisters, lol!

hahaha! for sure!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Finally got DH to the doc yesterday for his back issue. Of all things - he hurt it during a stress test prescribed by his cardiologist. The treadmill was set too fast and too high for him and he strained his back trying to keep up. Sooooo - he's been down two weeks - even while the boys were here. He can barely walk, can't sit, can't stand, and hasn't been able to sleep. Thank goodness the muscle relaxers the doc gave him help him sleep. Let me re-phrase that - the muscle relaxers MAKE him sleep, lol. He got steroids and pain meds too. He doesn't think he's much better yet - but he's moving better today and he got rest last night so....

So much to do and so little time. I need my GS back!!!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Finally got DH to the doc yesterday for his back issue. Of all things - he hurt it during a stress test prescribed by his cardiologist. The treadmill was set too fast and too high for him and he strained his back trying to keep up. Sooooo - he's been down two weeks - even while the boys were here. He can barely walk, can't sit, can't stand, and hasn't been able to sleep. Thank goodness the muscle relaxers the doc gave him help him sleep. Let me re-phrase that - the muscle relaxers MAKE him sleep, lol. He got steroids and pain meds too. He doesn't think he's much better yet - but he's moving better today and he got rest last night so....

So much to do and so little time. I need my GS back!!!

back injuries suck! hope he improves soon and can get some rest without meds.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Back injuries are the worst! He's got his sciatic nerve all pi$$ed off at him and has pain all the way down to his toes on his right leg. I want to say that he's marginally better this morning. Still painful, but able to move a little smoother.

I managed to get a couple things done already today. Did the normal animal chores. Topped off waterers and let the critters out to try and find some crunchy grass. I mowed the weeds in the front and side yards. I'll let critters take care of the back yard before I mow what's left standing. Moved the tractor with its brand-new tire back to where it belongs and got the trailer put back in its space.

About to go try to can some charro beans and maybe some pickled okra if I feel like spending the whole day in the kitchen. My lazy self wants to sit on the couch all day and read a book. My practical self says get up and get busy. I don't like my practical self so much, lol!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
About to go try to can some charro beans and maybe some pickled okra if I feel like spending the whole day in the kitchen. My lazy self wants to sit on the couch all day and read a book. My practical self says get up and get busy. I don't like my practical self so much, lol!

i finished up a three book series today/this evening. i've read it before but had forgotten enough of it to make it worth the reread. :) sometimes it's nice to take a bit of a vacation away by reading.

Latest posts