Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Over summer - can we move on already?

Forecast is 103 degrees - heat index around 110ish.

As we are all electric, I plan to do my part to help reduce the load on the power grid today.

I will NOT can a stinking thing.
I will empty and turn off the dehydrator this morning.
I will turn off all lights.
I will NOT do laundry.
I will turn off the heat in the brooder during daylight hours.

I WILL sit on the couch and read a book. I will not feel guilty. I will feel like a responsible adult who is doing my part to conserve power, lol!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I do the same, lol! DH wonders why I keep some books around and it's solely because I know I'll enjoy 'em again.

these were a three book series and she writes long books. after i blow the size of the text up making it easy to read it was close to 6,000 pages. it's fun to impress people with that and then tell them that it's only because i've blown the text up to like 20 lines per page. :) still i could read one of them a day depending upon what else comes up that needs to get done.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the peppers don't like these cool nights at all. i keep my door to this room closed at night because Mom likes to open the patio door for fresh air but it gets too loud out there for me to sleep well with all the critters doing critter things. when i open my door in the morning it's quite a difference between my warm room and the cooler air. brr! i always come back in here and hide under my blankets. i don't like being cool or cold and especially in the morning! weather forecast said it was 52F out there. it sure feels like it...

86F and not much breeze today so i'm sure i'll be feeling rather melty later on, but i should be able to survive some of it long enough to get that driveway culvert project further along.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We're having a cool, overcast day here..mid 70s. I'll send you some...but, ya know how deliveries are these days! Probably late getting there :hu :hide
Late like November, lol!! :lol: (but I appreciate the thought)

Ever heard of cold weather bringing on "two dog nights?" Well, we have officially entered "two shower days." Go outside in the humid mornings and come in and shower. Go outside in the evenings and come back in and shower. It's brutal...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the schedule I was thinking.....😔

Truly would share and you'd LOVE today....1.25" rain yesterday, more last night and misty to drizzle all day today! We need but, not like y'all. Feel for you. :hugs. It's actually only 70 out there. 😳😔. Goats sad, garden happy, horses don't care!

I have on jeans and long sleeve shirt. 🤷. Wed back in upper 90s!!! Unreal.