Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we have snow in the forecast every day and night for the rest of the week. i don't think i'm even going to pretend to be interested in trying to garden... we may get some warmer days and i might be able to get outside but i sure can't count on it.

today i crawled under the house and changed the air filter for the furnace and inspected things down there. spider webs and dust all inspected fine. done. will check again next spring when the summer AC season kicks off.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No snow in our forecast - thank goodness! But, they say there's rain a'coming. Oh yay... But I can't gripe about it because we're still not back up where we need to be. We've still got cracks in the yard/pasture. They're damp cracks now, but they're still there.

I took a walk out to the back of the pasture today and got a handle on the rye grass growth. It's looking really good. I had tossed some seed out in the back yard and it's grown well also. I let the horses on that grass for an hour today. Just an hour, lol. I need this grass to last a long time. Not planning on turning them out in the pasture until the end of November. Goats won't go out until after a good freeze. They hate me for (semi) dry lotting them. Oh well...

I'm still sticking seeds in the ground. Got some cabbage seeds in the mail yesterday and got some in the ground today. Hope we have a good warming trend soon - but right now it doesn't look like it. We're running a good 15 - 20 degrees below normal. We haven't topped mid 50's all week and looks like it's going to stick around. Rain coming again on Saturday and again Monday I think.

Goats are still doing goat things. Saw a breeding yesterday. That means my kidding season will start in early January and run until at least mid-April. In May I'll breed the Myotonic girls for October kids. That will be fun!

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got to looking, as in where to put them and what to do with them during the day….. that’s a problem. Going to take them back and go get a couple of camping cots at Academy. There’s just no floor space for 2 queen mattresses.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got to looking, as in where to put them and what to do with them during the day….. that’s a problem. Going to take them back and go get a couple of camping cots at Academy. There’s just no floor space for 2 queen mattresses.
Can you just lean 'em up against a wall when not in use? 'Course that takes up room too, lol.

If not - they do make some really nice camping cots these days.