Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
... However, it's 44 degrees this morning headed for a high only in the 50's. I know that doesn't sound that cold to a lot of you but to me - it's cold! Especially with the wind and it's pretty darn windy today. Ugh.

the high was 50F yesterday and i was too hot and took off most of my shirts leaving on just the long sleeved button down overshirt (a pretty thin one as it only needs to keep the sun off me). 50 would be a heatwave now as the next week the highest forecast temperature here is 42F and that is for this afternoon. i will probably have to keep both shirts on today and start maybe with a third one over those until i warm up.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey! I get it! It’s cold and windy here too! I’ve been outside, fed, turned out ewes and dogs. I put Carhart overalls over my sloppy sweats, a sweat hoodie, rubber boots and braved the elements! Then I hustled back inside for more coffee. Being a slug, still in sloppy sweats, lap blanket, and no car show requesting my moral support. LOL

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The car show was great - except we were in the shadiest spot in the park. Who wants shade when it's 50 something degrees with a lot of wind? However - it all turned out ok because DS won his class at the car show! Whoop, whoop! 1964 El Camino

1668297363507.png

Tomorrow is the field trip to look at some extra mouths to feed. Oh well... I'm under twenty and I'll still be under twenty if I make a purchase. I'm ok with that, lol!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Buy some!! :lol:. Your numbers are low.

I caught, loaded and sold last four bucklings from this yrs kidding. Late ones, so small, had hung around because. I just decided they'd be gone if I gave them away!! 🤣. Surprised they did ok and now more hay $$. PLUS during clearing a closet I found a stack of western hats...old, never worn, from show days. Took and sold those 5. 🤣🤣👍

I did bid on one Boer doe but stopped at my dollar amount I was willing to pay. Good girl! 😁. Yeah, decent but I've seen better for my $$. Bid on some AGHs but, caught myself in time there, too.

Congrats to your son. Hope DH doing well.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Buy some!! :lol:. Your numbers are low.
I have a feeling if I drive 2 hours I won't be coming home with an empty truck, lol. And I'm trending toward smaller goats (that eat less) and these are smaller goats. Myotonics aren't much bigger than pygmies. I do intend to do some cross breeding to get a medium size goat with lotsa meat that can still milk. That's the goal anyway!

I did bid on one Boer doe but stopped at my dollar amount I was willing to pay. Good girl! 😁. Yeah, decent but I've seen better for my $$. Bid on some AGHs but, caught myself in time there, too.
Look at all that self-control you've got! I don't imagine I'll have much self-control today, lol. Have you picked up your last doe that was being bred?