Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I would have gone overboard! I'm scared of pelicans!
Good thing we were in shallow water, lol.

They are big birds!

"Appearance. The brown pelican is the smallest of the six different species of pelicans in the world (Nesbitt 1996). This species can reach a length of 48 inches (121.9 centimeters) with an 84-inch (213.4 centimeters) wingspan."

(google image)

1672332835481.jpeg

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Good thing we were in shallow water, lol.

They are big birds!

"Appearance. The brown pelican is the smallest of the six different species of pelicans in the world (Nesbitt 1996). This species can reach a length of 48 inches (121.9 centimeters) with an 84-inch (213.4 centimeters) wingspan."

(google image)

View attachment 21936
The only bird that can swallow your arm.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hear pelican shampoo’s is a great conditioner!
Must be all the fish oils, lol. And sure to attract every stray cat for miles around!

Ugh - we got a "little" rain last night. Didn't look at the rain gauge before I went to bed - but there's water, water everywhere... That was so special! Back to boots after a couple of days of being able to feed without high water gear. Saw a weather report that says we should be warmer (HA) and wetter than usual this winter. Something to look forward to for sure! After I wade out to feed the critters it might be a good day to accomplish something inside.

When grabbing hay yesterday I saw several honeybees hovering around the hay bales. They found a seed head of something and were all over it. Looks like they're hungry after the freeze. :( I made up some sugar water yesterday - but it started raining so I haven't put it out yet. I'll do that this morning. Bees are having a hard enough time - don't need them starving to death!

Put some cabbage in the dehydrator last night. Need to go see if it's ready and get some more going. Saw a recipe for kimchi made with regular green cabbage instead of Napa - might give it a try.

Need to finish this coffee and get outside. Goats prolly think I've forgotten all about 'em.