Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mud in sheep lot is frozen. It too ewes until 11:00 to leave the lot and go graze. Sentry made the valiant effort to be on guard. He ran after them, curled up in some tall grass, but later went back to the lot. Sheba took the premium spot in the sun up against the round bale, basking in the warm glow. Sheep? What sheep? Stupid sheep!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Man, this cold is COLD!! I'm not wanting to set any more weather records....this needs to leave, now. I'm cold, even with heat blaring. I think part is my feeling so badly for my animals. 😔. Well, that and anticipation of morning.

They're saying next Sat will be 60. What??!! Not fair.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Man, this cold is COLD!!
It IS cold. We're down to 22 tonight - only 5 degrees warmer than last night.

I'm surprised that the animals are taking it as well as they seem to be. Only animals I've seen shivering are the English Shepherd girls, lol. They're wussys - like me! It seems that those of us who are accustomed to artificial heat don't fare as well in the cold, lol. But, that's ok because by mid week we'll be back in the mid 70's, lol!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Man, this cold is COLD!! I'm not wanting to set any more weather records....this needs to leave, now. I'm cold, even with heat blaring. I think part is my feeling so badly for my animals. 😔. Well, that and anticipation of morning.

They're saying next Sat will be 60. What??!! Not fair.
I feel for ya’. I really do, we had our freak storm with -6F in February 2021. It was no fun.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Whew! We made it through the weather from he//! In the 50's today and by tomorrow - mid 70's! What a change in just a couple of days. I did notice that after a few days I acclimated (sorta) to the cold. Today I'm in just long sleeve top and sweatpants and am almost too warm.

Went to DS/DDIL for Christmas. DDIL's family was there also. We generally do a group holiday. That way DS/DDIL don't have to pick which family to be with and it makes it fun for everyone. We're generally a group of 10. About every other year my DD and her family will make the drive and come down. That makes us a group of 17! Those are fun times.

This year we outlasted DDIL's fam and ended up staying 'til 11ish and karaoke'd the night away. All of us love to pick our favorite songs and belt 'em out whether we're on key or not, lol. After a couple of adult beverages nobody cares what they sound like anyway. We do classic songs and some really stupid ones just to see if we can make it through without dissolving into a pile of hilarious-ness.

Since DS, DDIL and I love to fish that was the gift theme this year. I received a fish finder! They have one for the boat but the one I got can be tethered to the boat but floats around to see where the fish are away from the boat. We will test it out tomorrow! Surprised, and thrilled, that the weather will be awesome for fishing tomorrow. Can't wait to try the new toy!

Uncovered most of the garden plants yesterday and today. Some survived better than expected and some just didn't. Ugh.

Giving CDT shots to a bunch of mama goats this week so babies will get protection through colostrum. It's time to move several does to the front barnyard. We should have babies in 10 days or so. First due date is 1/5 - give or take a day or so either way.

I've gotta re-tarp the bucks hoop house. They've been living it up in the front barnyard and I need that for the girls now. Back to bachelors quarters for them.