Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks!

Babies in a bucket:
D8F644A9-C295-446E-8CCC-DB36B975AA95.jpeg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love the way babies will cuddle in a tub, they are so precious.
After a heart wrenching loss of new twin lambs, on my second lambing ever, then having to euthanize the ewe due to ruptured pre pubic tendon, I was shattered. Then twins born again, but the ewe lamb’s internal organs were outside her body and I had to put her down. Drained, heartbroken and deeply saddened, I went to the barn. There, in the feed pan, was the survivor twin, all curled up, looking so adorable that it made me smile. Joy returned through the tears of loss and I could smile again. The joy I receive from God’s creatures far outweighs the pain of loss. I’ll take the hits of pain, loss and sadness, so I can receive blessings of joy.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
And thus it begins:

View attachment 22056

Boy left, tiny boy middle, girl right. Simple, easy and quick birth. I had no idea she was carrying trips. Guess the tiny guy wasn’t taking up much room, lol.

OMGoodness:love

My son has goats, he said he wants to breed his. He said I could have some BUT DH gave me the look. We'll see, I'll let you know how this one rolls :rolleyes: 😂

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love the way babies will cuddle in a tub, they are so precious.
After a heart wrenching loss of new twin lambs, on my second lambing ever, then having to euthanize the ewe due to ruptured pre pubic tendon, I was shattered. Then twins born again, but the ewe lamb’s internal organs were outside her body and I had to put her down. Drained, heartbroken and deeply saddened, I went to the barn. There, in the feed pan, was the survivor twin, all curled up, looking so adorable that it made me smile. Joy returned through the tears of loss and I could smile again. The joy I receive from God’s creatures far outweighs the pain of loss. I’ll take the hits of pain, loss and sadness, so I can receive blessings of joy.
🥺 😢 😘 🥰🥰 I am glad you have the one baby

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
they need a binkie...

I'm sure they'd love a binkie! They've finally started coming out of the barn and bouncing around. Nothing cuter for sure.

Next birth is "supposed" to be later this week. I've had my doubts though. However - she's started making decent progress in the udder building dept. today so maybe she'll make her due date. :idunno

Had some dirt therapy today. Wait - let me rephrase that. I had some mud therapy today, lol. I needed to do something, so I planted some more Chijimisai seeds. That is something that will be a permanent fixture in any garden I have from now on. Easy to grow, delicious, they survived the freeze and they're supposed to do ok in the heat too. I'll reserve judgment for that until July, lol. But they should be at least 3 season greens.

I'm going to plant peas again soon. I'm ready to get this party...I mean garden started.

Finally getting DH to a pain management doc this week. Hopefully he can get some relief because everything he's tried for this back problem hasn't worked. Time to try something different.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm sure they'd love a binkie! They've finally started coming out of the barn and bouncing around. Nothing cuter for sure.

wouldn't they eat it? :)

Next birth is "supposed" to be later this week. I've had my doubts though. However - she's started making decent progress in the udder building dept. today so maybe she'll make her due date. :idunno

Had some dirt therapy today. Wait - let me rephrase that. I had some mud therapy today, lol. I needed to do something, so I planted some more Chijimisai seeds. That is something that will be a permanent fixture in any garden I have from now on. Easy to grow, delicious, they survived the freeze and they're supposed to do ok in the heat too. I'll reserve judgment for that until July, lol. But they should be at least 3 season greens.

I'm going to plant peas again soon. I'm ready to get this party...I mean garden started.

i wish Mom would like more greens but she doesn't usually like anything she tries.
fresh peas are one of those things that are wonderful to stand right there and eat them.

Finally getting DH to a pain management doc this week. Hopefully he can get some relief because everything he's tried for this back problem hasn't worked. Time to try something different.

i sure hope something will help. it took me nearly 40 years to find the right combination that helped me the most.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What the heck do I know? She made great progress in the udder department yesterday. She made great progress in the baby department today, lol. Two girls! She actually beat her due date by a couple days! Silly goat...