Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm having problems with the drywall contractor. He shows up once out of every other day or so - maybe once in 3 days. Tells me he's coming one day and I never see him or hear from him. We've been living in a screwed up mess for over two weeks now. My living room furniture is stacked on one side of the room, no tv service because it's unhooked. None of the tv's in the rest of the house work because the living room one is the "boss" I guess. Dust everywhere. Does no good to clean because dust flies every time they come back. The only place we have to sit is at the dining room table. With DH's back problems thats not a good solution. With furniture stacked up and barely a path between it's a horrible situation for his mobility issues.

The first day the contractor was here was April 1. He said this would take 3 or 4 days. We're on day 17. He's been here 7 times in those 17 days. He does work weekends so every one of those days was a possible work day for him. We've been very tolerant of his issues. Can't come because your kid is sick. No problem. Can't come because your wife's car is broken. Ok. Can't come because you need to do yard work at your house. Alright. This morning he says he'll be late because he's gotta fix a water leak. Sure. He didn't volunteer this information - I had to text him and ask him if he's coming. But, when you tell me that you're coming and you don't show or have the courtesy to shoot me a text if you're not coming. That's not ok. I'm going to give him a deadline and if he can't meet it I'll get someone else. this is BS. He comes highly recommended and I've gotta say that he does beautiful work. But, I can't tolerate this anymore. That was my whine fest for the day.

I need to get out and play in the dirt, lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Totally unprofessional. When he askes for reviews (google, etc), tell the truth.

I will definitely be totally truthful, lol!
TELL HIM!!!! Get done now....not next week.
When/if he gets here today we will have a convo before he starts any work. He did tell me he can come later today and work late to try to get us wrapped up. But, I've heard that before. So, the convo will start with "do you intend to finish this" and I need a deadline. Period. If not - bye!!

I paid him half of the estimated amount when the dry wall was installed and before he started the tape and float. I'm ok with that - the work was done and done well. He's been here one day since then. So, perhaps I owe him for that day or perhaps not. He stood me up twice and my time is valuable too. If he walks today because I'm hard on him I have no intention of paying him - even if he feels that I do owe him. I will make him take me to small claims court. I have no problem if I lose and am required to pay. What I'm looking for is for him to actually have to go through the process,, lol. That will be my revenge!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ha! He got here an hour late today. We had a convo in the yard before I even let him inside. I pinned him down on a finish date. He better meet it, by golly! I don't love confrontation, but sometimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do. I interspersed my _itch session with some compliments on the quality of his work. I've got no complaints about that. Didn't want him to feel totally attacked, lol.

In other news - got a panel piece pulled up to the raised beds for a cucumber trellis. Need to find a t-post to secure it to then seeds will go in the ground. I'm standing a partial piece of a hog panel on its end. It's about 8 ft tall. I think I'll put a couple of plants around it and be good with that.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm pleased to report that the guys got the living room textured yesterday. There is still some popcorn scraping that needs to be done and then they can texture the ceiling and paint. The dining room and kitchen is already scraped. There is still the dreaded popcorn texture in the hall that will be done next time they're here. Then no more popcorn ceilings (downstairs anyway). YaY! I've hated them forever!

They had taped off the windows before spraying the texture so I asked them to leave it so I don't have to re-cover the windows when I paint. That will save me some time and effort. But, I guess that means I need to get serious about painting. Totally ugh! Haven't painted in years so I need all new equipment. I'm thinking about investing in a power roller. My shoulders are pretty susceptible to overuse injuries so I think it will be a good investment.

At this point new window coverings might be in my future also. I mean, why just spend a moderate amount of money on this re-do when I could go whole hog and spend a ridiculous amount? I haven't done much to the house in years so I think it deserves a bit of a facelift.

Got the cucumber trellis secured and have seeds tucked in. Also built a little bed out of concrete blocks outside the privacy fence, along the drive back to the pasture, and put some winter squash seeds in there. Hoping it will take advantage of the fence for a trellis. If it doesn't do it the easy way I'll add some wire supports for it to climb. I gave up an entire garden area for a goat pen this year so I'm scrambling for places to plant things. The original plan was to cut back on the garden but that doesn't seem to be happening. I shoulda known better, lol.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It’s supposed to rain today, thunderstorms this evening and tonight. Looks like you will get hammered.