Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m going to get evening chores done, starting in about 10 minutes. Feed dogs, horse, sheep. Walk pasture with dogs. Spend a little time with them. Then “go home” to the sheep pens and close them up for the night. Between 4 and 5, looks like storm will hit and I don’t want to be out in it.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m going to get evening chores done, starting in about 10 minutes. Feed dogs, horse, sheep. Walk pasture with dogs. Spend a little time with them. Then “go home” to the sheep pens and close them up for the night. Between 4 and 5, looks like storm will hit and I don’t want to be out in it.

Looks like we're missing the first round that's headed for you. Maybe we'll get the stuff that's supposed to come after midnight.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
looks like y'all gonna get some more rains there this morning
Woo Hoo! Entirely possible - and I won't even fuss about it. We've been so dry. We got almost an inch (.93). I'll take it.

I tried to trim some goat feet yesterday and couldn't even cut through some hoof areas because they were so hard and dry. Should get better after they have to walk in the mud, lol!

Contractor is still behaving badly. He showed up yesterday morning and stayed for 2.5 hours. Left around lunch time without saying a word and never came back. Plus - I walked in and found his helper standing in my upholstered dining room chair in his work boots! I called him on that - and questioned his upbringing. "Raised in a barn, were ya?" I sure hope he completes by Sunday like he said he would be. I have an appt Monday for a bid from someone else to finish the work if first guy doesn't finish on time.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Woo Hoo! Entirely possible - and I won't even fuss about it. We've been so dry. We got almost an inch (.93). I'll take it.

I tried to trim some goat feet yesterday and couldn't even cut through some hoof areas because they were so hard and dry. Should get better after they have to walk in the mud, lol!

glad you got some rain at last. :)

Contractor is still behaving badly. He showed up yesterday morning and stayed for 2.5 hours. Left around lunch time without saying a word and never came back.

he's not much into communication that's for sure.

Plus - I walked in and found his helper standing in my upholstered dining room chair in his work boots! I called him on that - and questioned his upbringing. "Raised in a barn, were ya?"

wow, just WTH?

I sure hope he completes by Sunday like he said he would be. I have an appt Monday for a bid from someone else to finish the work if first guy doesn't finish on time.

good luck.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep, just my luck to get a set of dummies, lol. Actually, the guy doing the main work is excellent at the work - but he's a terrible businessman. I really think he underestimated the work and underbid the job so he's dragging his feet.

He told me on Monday when I confronted him that he would be finished by this Sunday. If he's not - I'll hire the other guy to finish. My plan is to tell the original guy that I'm going to deduct whatever the new guy charges me to finish from his (original guys) pay. If he protests - take me to small claims court - PLEASE!

He does this on the side. His regular job is working for his dad building custom homes. He told me when he bid the job and again when he started that it would take 3 or 4 days. Now that I've seen what all goes into it there's no way he could EVER have done this in that amount of time. Lie #1 in a long line of lies!

Thankfully, I've got every text of him promising to come and not showing up. I've started writing down the hours that he's here. For instance - since Monday when he told me he would finish by Sunday - he's been here 8 hours. Eight hours out of 4 days. Five hours Monday and a bit less than three hours yesterday. We'll see what happens today.

If we get to go to court, it'll be my only opportunity to proclaim what a lousy businessman he is. He doesn't have a webpage or even a facebook page. Believe me - I looked so that I could leave an honest, but terrible review, lol.

Sun is breaking through the clouds - yay!