Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Home work! Ugh! Not the school kind of homework - but the kind that disrupts your life, totally screws up your house (temporarily) and makes life miserable.

We're having a whole bunch of sheetrock replaced in the house. It's a dirty, nasty, dusty, disgusting job. Ever want to really know what's inside your walls? Nope - I could go the rest of my life without knowing how many spiders actually live in my house.

There's so much dust that I'm sure I'll never get it all out of here. The TV has been unhooked for days. When the main TV is unhooked the rest of them don't work either. A blessing and a curse.

I thought when I hired this guy that he would come every day until it's finished. Totally didn't know that this was a side gig. When he said it would take 3 or 4 days I thought I could live with that. He's been here 4 times now over a space of 9 days and I'm living in total disarray! I'd fire him and hire someone else but he's almost the only one in town that does this kind of dirty work, lol. HIs bid was good, he comes highly recommended but his part may keep dragging out for another week or so. After that comes MY part. He's doing the install, tape and float, and texture. Guess who's going to paint? UGH!

I haven't done anything in the garden except pull a few weeds since I planted the Purple Dove beans. They are doing quite well - as are the weeds in the other rows. If I find time - I'll try to stick some okra, cucumber and zucchini seeds in the ground. Not 100% sure that will happen. Between milking, goat maintenance, DH's back, home work and multitudes of appts - my time is very limited these days. And, I'm tired.

I woke up at 3:30 this morning thinking of everything I need to do. Tried and tried to go back to sleep - but it's not happening. Maybe at 3:30pm I can grab a nap? Ha - unlikely.

Nowhere to go but UP! This too shall pass....

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope it was only one room and you hung plastic on doorways to others. 😵‍💫. Yeah, a mess ya didn't need!

DH s back -- assuming those injection didn't help enough. Now extra treatments to explore. Sadly. Constant pain is hard to live with! Hope he finds relief soon.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's the perimeter walls in the dining room, entry, living room and downstairs 1/2 bath. Plastic/tarps were hung with care, but certainly didn't stop dust from going EVERYWHERE! I expect that I may never get all the dust out of here! But, it had to be done.

Before we eradicated the termites they were eating the paper off of the sheetrock. I'm kind of glad they preferred that to the structure of my house lol. We did have a small amount of structural damage but that's already been addressed and repaired. The way we're going I'll have a brand new house before long, lol!

DH's steroid injections were a big disappointment. He will go back to PT this week and he's on some new meds. He might be 5% better than he was several months back. Hey, progress is progress!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sheetrock guys didn't come yesterday and I can't say I'm too disappointed. I needed a day off! However, I'm tired of living in disarray, walking through paths of stuff and tripping over everything. And the dust! ARGH - I neeeeed this to be a finished project!

I'm overrun with milk. I've been making cheese several times a week just because it takes up less room in the freezer. Today I'm going to make cajeta. I haven't done it in years, but it is a real treat!

Going to have to get some serious gardening going. I've decided to allocate one of the garden areas to goats this year. But, so I don't lose too much space I'm moving more into the raised bed areas. I'll put some large tubs against the privacy fence and plant melons in one and some winter squash in the other. I'll attach some kind of support system to the wood fence (if needed) so the vines can climb. Most of the tomatoes are in front of the house in pots. They look great so far. I've got some giant net bags with drawstrings that I'll put around the pots to keep the stink bugs off - hopefully.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we've not had a drop either. this afternoon or this evening or tomorrow.

the good part of this is that it really dries out any weeds i scraped.