Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh, yes! I remember making wine...drank all mine 😁

Was thinking about that and Irish creme...but, recipes are on my computer that won't start 🤬 could find on net, haven't bothered.

Need to get it to a repair shop.

Glad you found those bottles. It's better now than when it's vinegar. :old 😁

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad you found those bottles. It's better now than when it's vinegar. :old 😁
That's what I expected, lol.

Irish creme...sounds good! I've never made that one.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!

Sheetrock work is done! He even threw in a couple of patches in other rooms. They were small, but I was glad to get them taken care of while he was here. So glad his work is finished - but now mine really starts. I have never, ever, in the history of life seen a dustier house. It. Is. Everywhere!

Everything has to be dusted and dusted and dusted again. It's in the seams of the upholstery in my furniture. It's in the joints of the wooden furniture. It's on the picture frames. It's on the ceiling fans. I dust, and it looks good and then it comes out of nowhere and lands on everything again. I mop and it looks good but when it dries it looks like smeared dusty mud. What the heck did I do? o_O

Wonder if an air purifier would do any good?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
open up the house and let it blow out when dusting. start high, work down, air filter won't hurt but it has to be good enough to capture it instead of just redistributing.

i'll need some plasterwork done here eventually and i'm not looking forwards to that because it is up high and it will be the main part of the house. maybe i just end up leaving it for the next owners after i'm dead or if i sell it? tempting. i don't look up much or care what it looks like now. i could do some patching but not do any sanding and that might be ok enough. we'll see what i talk myself into whenever. yeah, i like that answer... :) :) :)

congrats on getting it done! (without wringing someone's neck)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Decided to ignore the mess today - mostly. We had to get up this morning and take DH's car to the shop. Nearly an hour away so not a whole lot of fun. Seems like we're always putting that car in the shop...ugh. Only glimmer of (maybe) good news is that the service manager wants to buy it, lol. Maybe, but only if he offers us enough to seriously negate the cost of the replacement car we'll have to buy. I've got too much on my plate right now to even give it more than a passing thought.

I do have the swiffer cleaners. The dry duster and the mop. With the wet wipee's it does a decent job and it smells good too.

Along with my house looking like a mini-nuclear war zone I've got a new washer/dryer combo being delivered tomorrow. Guess I better de-clutter the laundry room too. AND - when DH was at Home Depot purchasing them ( I had already picked them out online) somebody conned him into a free home water test because you get a $20 gift card for letting these folks into your house. ARGH! Now we'll have someone here trying to sell us a water softener unit. Uh no...not just no but HE// to the no. I will make it a point to not be inside when that happens. DH can listen to their spiel and politely ask them to leave. If it were me asking them to leave - I might not be so patient. I'm turning into a real curmudgeon in my old age.

For example: Along with ALL the money we've spent lately we bought a new mower today at Home Depot. We paid for it and several other things I needed and asked for someone to help load. I went out and brought the truck to the loading zone and waited for DH and the new mower to emerge. And waited...and waited...and waited. I called DH and asked what the heck? Still waiting for someone to come load. I turned off the key, got out, locked the truck and MARCHED or maybe I should say STOMPED back into that store and there's DH waiting patiently. Nope! I went to our cashier who was just standing there and asked politely if she'd called someone. She said yes. Then DH is flagging me down and he's talking with another cashier who said she's called someone. At this point I asked to talk to the manager. We'd already spent a WHOLE lot of money and had been waiting for a half-hour. No manager appeared, but he called the cashier. I spoke just loudly enough that he could hear me and said if someone wasn't up there in 90 seconds to load that mower they could take it back and I'd go down the road. Hmmmm... about 35 seconds later that mower was being wheeled out the door and into my truck. I tell DH all the time that he's too nice, lol. I really wasn't mean - just let them know my expectations. And, I made sure to tell the two cashiers that I wasn't upset with them and that they were doing a great job. They were loving it and were laughing at my antics but also said that's what you have to do to get action.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got lots of thunder, lightening and rain....and some wind. We're at almost 3/4 of an inch right now and it's still raining now. Radar looks like we've got a little more out there and then it should pass.

Waiting for the delivery of the new W/D. I hope I can have a couple of minutes to clean after they take the old ones out. I guess if I stick my big butt in the way they'll have to wait for me to move, lol.

No surprise that my house is still a mess and I'm about to make it worse again. I've decided to take down the crown molding in my dining room. The guys took part of it down when they were working on it and my original plan was to put it back up. But, I changed my mind. When I take down the rest there will be popcorn texture under it. ARGH! I'll need to scrape that little strip of popcorn off and paint it. Why, why, why didn't I decide that a couple of weeks ago? Oh well - what's a little more dust at this point?

Been pulling onions here and there. I need to go see if I have any pantyhose left from my working days. Never stored them that way, but thought I'd try it. I'll probably end up dehydrating a bunch of 'em, but I don't have time right now. I need about 3 more me's, lol.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Been pulling onions here and there. I need to go see if I have any pantyhose left from my working days. Never stored them that way, but thought I'd try it. I'll probably end up dehydrating a bunch of 'em, but I don't have time right now. I need about 3 more me's, lol.

they'll need to cure well before going into storage anyways... i don't know though if you can put them in the hose before they're well cured or not (not something we do here).