Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Can I just crawl into a hole and not come out until everything in my life is back to normal? Whatever the heck normal is. House is still a wreck - have learned to walk around the dirt with everything else that's going on.

Got the new washer/dryer yesterday and just started my first load. Yay!? Someone please tell me that the gosh awful noise that it's making while agitating is totally normal.

Took DH's car to the shop a couple days ago. They diagnosed all the itty bitty things wrong with it and a couple bigger things and when they reached $2500 I said stop. Don't do a thing. Volvo dealership asked us if we wanted to sell it some months back when it was in for service. (which cost $2500) Seems that about every 6 months or so we're dropping that amount of money to fix something. Spending 5K a year to maintain a paid off car is ridiculous. Service manager said - hey I like your car - I'll buy it. Ok - offer is for less money than it was 6 months ago but I don't even care. We come home and find the title and discover that the name on it is wrong. DH and I have different last names because I never changed my name after we got married. The car is in both of our names so I guess some funny guy at the title place decided to combine them. It's got DH's first name and my last name as the official name on the title. ARGH! WHY?????

I'm still looking around for that hole to crawl into.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just remembered that there are offices where you can go, present proper paperwork, probably birth certificates, and walk out with a new title. They are scattered. Don’t know about your area, but there is one in Longview and one in Beaumont. Got to be one near you.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i can relate, something simple to do on-line for some accounts (takes a few minutes) has been taking weeks to deal with at another place, it's like they're living in the dark ages. they sent me forms to fill out to mail back. i did that. i get a call yesterday that they didn't send a form they should have so now it's on to round 3. grr...

as for washing machines, a catapult is about what i'd like to use on ours.

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I paid him half of the estimated amount when the dry wall was installed and before he started the tape and float
There’s your mistake right there! We learned this the hard way when we had a contractor replace our roof, siding and windows. Never pay them part way through for the portion of work that is completed. Because then they have no motivation to come back and do the rest.

I’m glad your guy got the work done eventually.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We're about to head to the dealership and take the title. Oops - does it have the name wrong? I never noticed.... we're just going to see what happens. I'm so sick of this mess! Then car shopping starts - even more fun...not.
Never pay them part way through for the portion of work that is completed. Because then they have no motivation to come back and do the rest.
I would never pay up front, but I didn't mind doing this because he was highly recommended by a common friend, so I felt ok with it. His motivation was to earn the other half of his money, lol! However, he was slow all the way through - even before he got the first half. I'd hire him again for small one day type jobs because I like that he's very skilled and a perfectionist with his work. His time management skills aren't as good as his work skills, lol. He spreads himself too thin. All is well that ends well.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
but someone typed in 13. AAUUGHHHH
Oh, that's horrible! I hope it was an easy fix!

Ok, it's been a day and I'm glad it's over. We sold one car and bought another one. That is a load offa my plate because I hate car shopping. Went looking for one model and ended up with something totally different. Gotta roll with the punches, lol.

Tomorrow I plan to put my living room back together. I'll dust again, then move the rug back and move the furniture back. Kinda tired of walking around things. That way the kitchen and the living area will be semi-normal - at least as much as it can be with no window treatments and textured, but not painted, walls. I've sent off for fabric samples for window treatments. Still haven't picked paint colors, but other things took precedence. I guess that'll happen at some point next week. Still soooooo much to do.

Got all the parts now for the aquaponics. Already have some tomato plants floating around in the tank. That's not the permanent set up, but what the heck, wanted to try it.

Looks like the Purple Dove beans are about to bloom - yay!! Still have different and various things popping up. Golden zucchini is up and some other summer squash with a weird name that I canNOt remember is up too. Cantaloupe has popped through also. Okra should be making an appearance before long. I now have 3 big ol' cardboard boxes thanks to the washer/dryer and new lawnmower. Might find a spare minute or two to put them down in the garden and spread over with some hay. Tomatoes in buckets are starting to bloom so I should start thinking about getting the nets over them.

Going to change up the milking lineup also. We simply can't use all the milk we're getting. I have a freezer full of cheese. I've made yogurt. It's just too much. I already dropped one doe and about to drop the other one. Then I'll just sporadically milk the moms that are still nursing babies. I'll get plenty that way and I won't be tied down.

I think I'll have an adult beverage and think about bed...or maybe read a book for a few minutes first. Some wind down time will be nice.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Buying a new car is an ordeal, glad you got rid of the one and got a new one.
This experience wasn't nearly as nerve-wracking as other times. This was a small town, no haggle dealership which is a new experience for me. I told 'em it was hard for me not to at least try to haggle. I kept telling 'em you've gotta give me something! They asked what??? I said besides the obligatory free tank of gas, but I need more. They offered two tanks of gas. (I tried to get them to fill up my truck but they wouldn't go that far)

We decided to go to lunch and "think about it." On our way out they asked if we were coming back and I popped off and said that a big ol' bottle of Patron might seal the deal. When we got back after lunch there was a big ol' bottle of Patron on the salesmans desk, lol! DH and I started laughing so hard I almost lost my lunch. These people were actually fun to deal with. So - we got a new car, two tanks of gas and a bottle of premium tequila, lol. Not a bad way to buy a car!

Last edited: