Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll. It's is always nice to see, feel and know that you care.

Docs told us yesterday that it's not time to give up. That was at least a little reassuring. They are desperately trying to diagnose the "why's" of this. They have diagnosed one autoimmune disease and believe there is another one. The one they know about is a rare type of anemia that causes red blood cells to be destroyed faster than your body can make them. She has damage to multiple organs.

Her hospital stay will likely be measured in months as opposed to days. Her DH will go home tomorrow and take GS with him. They live almost 4 hours away. I will be holding down the fort at the hospital as much as possible.

On top of all that DH is being tested for some pretty devastating long-term problems. He will have a DaTScan soon.

The bucks are telling me that it's the time of year for them to start escaping into the doe pen and causing hell and havoc. :barnie

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score

Docs told us yesterday that it's not time to give up. That was at least a little reassuring. They are desperately trying to diagnose the "why's" of this. They have diagnosed one autoimmune disease and believe there is another one. The one the know she has is a rare type of anemia that causes red blood cells to be destroyed faster than your body can make them. She has damage to multiple organs.

Her hospital stay will likely be measured in months as opposed to days. Her DH will go home tomorrow and take GS with him. They live almost 4 hours away. I will be holding down the fort at the hospital as much as possible.

On top of all that DH is being tested for some pretty devastating long-term problems. He will have a DaTScan soon.

The bucks are telling me that it's the time of year for them to start escaping into the doe pen and causing hell and havoc. :barnie
So sorry to hear this.

Be sure to care for yourself

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Devastating -- all around. Now is SURELY time for you to take care of your own eating & sleeping. Let go of all else -- cleaning, grass cutting, hire them out. You've got more than your share right now :hugs

Hugs aren't enough but, all I can get to you. My prayers will double for all of the family. 😢🙏🙏🙏

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks for checking in. We care deeply for you and your family. You are stretched thin and can only go so far before you break, so please set aside a few minutes each day for you. I know you are a spiritual person, commune with God and try to find a peaceful moment.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Y’all are awesome- thanks so much. Should’ve read your posts before I went outside and fed goats and mowed the yard. I have to get as much done as possible while at home. I get way too much rest at the hospital. Not a lot of sleep but lots of sitting around time.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score

Docs told us yesterday that it's not time to give up. That was at least a little reassuring. They are desperately trying to diagnose the "why's" of this. They have diagnosed one autoimmune disease and believe there is another one. The one they know about is a rare type of anemia that causes red blood cells to be destroyed faster than your body can make them. She has damage to multiple organs.

oh no! autoimmune conditions are scary! I hope they can get effective treatments in time. I hope her organ damage is not irreversible.

double oh-no! Poor DH! I'm so sorry! None of the things that DaTscan diagnoses are good news. :hit

Many hugs. I'm sorry you are facing so much stress and unknowns. Take care of yourself - you can't serve from an empty vessel. Hug the pups, save the silly goats from themselves and get your fingers dirty if you can. :hugs