Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
maybe GS can help out a little with that while he is there to keep it going? it would be sad to lose the effort you've already put in.
He would do anything I ask him to - he's that kind of kid. About the only thing left in the garden is black eye peas, okra, cucumbers and one melon plant that may or may not make it. The okra and black eyes are hot/dry weather plants anyway. They might be ok. DH has been watering the potted tomatoes in the front. They're barely hanging on but not producing. If I get a minute I'll try to root some suckers and then cut back the plants some and hope they make it until fall. Best I can do right now. Honestly, I don't even feel too bad about it - priorities change.

Grandson painted the downstairs half-bath the other day. I think he wants to try to get some more done when he's here on DH duty. I'd rather have that instead of garden maintenance right now. This kid is a true blessing!

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe he'll paint the rest -- he needs something to do and its helping you, too 👍 he's awesome.

We know your pushed and stressed -- just know we are all praying for you, your DD and whole family !!! Too many sick at once 😢 healing for everyone 🙏🫶

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've never known very many 16yo's who look for ways to help. He is ranked 15th in his high school class of over 500 kids. He's athletic and kind...I could gush for hours.

We had a little time a few days ago while son-in-law was staying with DD so he got his first tractor driving lesson. A natural of course!

1688049186034.jpeg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe he'll paint the rest -- he needs something to do and its helping you, too 👍 he's awesome.
That's what he wants to do. Even if he doesn't finish it - every little bit helps!
While I'm babysitting a horrible, ass hat of a 14 yr old GS, who lives downstairs and only comes up when I yell for dinner. He's been here for 1.5 weeks and has a few more days left. Did I say he's never been a nice boy? NEVER.
I feel your pain! My son was a challenge from the day he was born. Now I can't say enough good things about him. He finally figured things out and has a great wife, a great job, patience and empathy. Some of them just take a little longer. I hope your GS gets there!