Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks everyone who contacted me privately and here on my journal. Ya'll always seem to know when there's something up. As much as I hate for her to have been sick enough to need to be air lifted to Houston - I'm so thankful she's in the very best place and is getting really great care. She has several teams of docs looking after her.

I'll be home today and try to get as much as possible done here to make things easier for DH (and the critters) when I'm not here. I need to put out a new round bale. Probably turn some chickens out of their pens so they can roam the property and take care of themselves. DH can't really go out and do much, but he can run fresh water and feed the dogs. Goats and horses have pasture and hay. They're definitely not going to starve.

How old are the kids?
Between her biological children and her husbands bio kids there are two 11 yo's, a 13 yo, one 15 and one 16. All girls except for the oldest boy (he'd prefer that I call him a man, lol) Thankfully, they are all wonderful children. They definitely try to drive each other crazy on a daily basis, but they're very respectful, mannerly and helpful. So glad they are all able to take care of their daily needs. Daughter is raising them right. They do their own laundry and can cook and clean with the best of them.

In the spirit of the SS forum - it's been great to be able to go to the pantry for quick and easy, ready-made meals.

Chores are calling...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
SIL left with the girls today to head back home. Grandson is staying with us for a while. He and I will trade off hospital days/nights. Best part is he can stay with DH while I'm on hospital duty and vice versa.

DH had an appt today about the wounds on his legs. Doc was more worried about the swelling, so she applied a soft cast with instructions to elevate 3 times a day for at least an hour and all night. Poor guy is having a hard time getting around.

Before I head back to the hospital, I need to run some errands and then catch up on some goat maintenance. Gonna try to get that taken care of in the morning. Guess the garden is toast for the rest of the summer - I just don't have the time to take care of it.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
SIL left with the girls today to head back home. Grandson is staying with us for a while. He and I will trade off hospital days/nights. Best part is he can stay with DH while I'm on hospital duty and vice versa.

DH had an appt today about the wounds on his legs. Doc was more worried about the swelling, so she applied a soft cast with instructions to elevate 3 times a day for at least an hour and all night. Poor guy is having a hard time getting around.

Before I head back to the hospital, I need to run some errands and then catch up on some goat maintenance. Gonna try to get that taken care of in the morning. Guess the garden is toast for the rest of the summer - I just don't have the time to take care of it.

maybe GS can help out a little with that while he is there to keep it going? it would be sad to lose the effort you've already put in.

it never hurts to ask. :)

good luck all around!