Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Like an elephant!

Sooooo, brought up a few does last night to get them away from their babies. Wait - that was a mis-statement. Their babies are OLD! Like 6 - 9 month old "babies." Two of the does I brought up did NOT have full bags this morning so looks like they've mostly weaned their kids. However, one of them had a nice full udder so I took advantage of it. Punkin however was NOT impressed. Guess she got left out of milk-stand training this spring. She got a nice lesson this morning and I got a pint of milk for my efforts. I didn't strip her out, just showed her that it wasn't such a horrible procedure. We'll repeat the lesson this evening.

:lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Waiting on the promised rain. Twenty miles east of me they had street flooding yesterday evening. Not a drop here. Maybe our turn will come today.

Neighbor (who is enlarging my pond) was working his patootey off yesterday trying to get it cleaned out before any of the forecast rain hits. He's been loosening a bunch of clay chunks while he's down in the hole. Then he spends some time cleaning it out. He worked until dark last night. I'll walk out this morning and see what it looks like. It's probably 6 feet deep in the middle right now....maybe deeper. I've got two huge mounds of dirt that he's taken out of there. I call it dirt - but more correctly it should be called clay. Huge, big, heavy chunks of clay. Pottery anyone?

I've got 12 bags of feed in the back of the truck. Need to get that back to the feed trailer and unloaded this morning. Might even be proactive and cover the partial round bale with a tarp - justincase. Fishing sounds so much better...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Waiting on the promised rain. Twenty miles east of me they had street flooding yesterday evening. Not a drop here. Maybe our turn will come today.

i see little green thingys on the radars. hope it makes it's way to you too!

47F on our weather station this am. brrr!

do you need any bricks? :)

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

Neighbor (who is enlarging my pond) was working his patootey off yesterday trying to get it cleaned out before any of the forecast rain hits. He's been loosening a bunch of clay chunks while he's down in the hole. Then he spends some time cleaning it out. He worked until dark last night. I'll walk out this morning and see what it looks like. It's probably 6 feet deep in the middle right now....maybe deeper. I've got two huge mounds of dirt that he's taken out of there. I call it dirt - but more correctly it should be called clay. Huge, big, heavy chunks of clay. Pottery anyone?

I've got 12 bags of feed in the back of the truck. Need to get that back to the feed trailer and unloaded this morning. Might even be proactive and cover the partial round bale with a tarp - justincase. Fishing sounds so much better...
I say go proactive,, If it hits , you most likely will be in the middle of something else and may not notice right away,

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It thundered and only got a few sprinkles.
Yep - some rumbles and less than a tenth of an inch of wetness.....06.

However, round 2 is trying to move in. More serious rumbles so far....:fl

Grands have a week off school in Oct....guess where they'll spend most of that week! HERE!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
looks like you did get some more. hope all is ok! :)
I swear it's all around me - but we get nothing but tiny little leftovers. Twenty miles in one direction they got almost 4 inches....20 miles in the other direction they got over 2 inches...10 miles away another 2+ inches.

Our grand total for the day is 0.18. Less than 2/10 of an inch. ARGH!!!! :he

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I swear it's all around me - but we get nothing but tiny little leftovers. Twenty miles in one direction they got almost 4 inches....20 miles in the other direction they got over 2 inches...10 miles away another 2+ inches.

Our grand total for the day is 0.18. Less than 2/10 of an inch. ARGH!!!! :he

arg indeed! hopefully this next round coming may help you more.