Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I want to go crabbing! I haven’t been crabbing in over 40 years! Gee, that makes me sound old! I lived in Baytown in my early 20’s and did lots of fishing. I miss the fishing, but love east Texas more. I’m still close enough to the gulf to make a day trip or overnight fishing/crabbing trip. Just need to start thinking in that direction.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I went crabbing a couple times as a kid. For me the fun was being able to eat crab - they taste good! However, I wouldn't eat anything (fish or crab) out of the waters around here. Maybe way out in the bay - but not anything caught near the shore.

I caught two fish today. DIL got skunked. Lots of bites, but she wasn't able to land any. Salt water fishing is a lot different than catching the little freshwater pond fish that we've been fishing for lately. Finally talked DS into putting the boat in the shop. He took it in Monday - hope it'll be ready soon. I'm not so fond of shore fishing...argh.

Old man goat got some action today. He was so excited, but he's a gentleman with the girls compared to the younger buck. He gets a sleepover with his GF in case he needs a do-over, lol.

Might have a piece of SF cheesecake for dinner. A BIG piece!! :drool

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Headed for a high of 99 today....what's up with that foolishness? It's been too hot for too long...sigh. Sixty percent chance of rain tomorrow. :fl Might only get .25 - .50 but I guess a tiny bit of rain is better than a tiny bit of nuttin'...

Hope the goat breeding that's been happening lately isn't wasted effort by the bucks. All this hot weather and all... If it doesn't work out this month there's always next month. However, I don't want a bunch of summer babies so this stuff needs to happen on MY schedule.

Thinking of doing not a lot of anything today - too dang hot to do much outside. Football game to watch at noon and I started a book last night. It IS the weekend and I AM retired - so there!

I need to cook something though. That's not work for me - I enjoy cooking. I'll give it some thought and come up with something. Still working on, and making progress with, freezer cleaning and any stocks that need to be rotated.

Happy Sunday ya'll!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i'm with ya there on taking it easy and enjoying what you like to do once in a while. :) hope you had a delightful day. :)

i'm really wanting to take today off myself and finish this book and do other things than gardening but the weather forecast for tonight, tomorrow and the day after is calling for chances of rain so i can just take it easy those days instead and get at least one or two gardens put up for the season today.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i'm with ya there on taking it easy and enjoying what you like to do once in a while. :) hope you had a delightful day. :)
It was a restful, relaxing day. Plus - the Texans won their game. Not a "barely" type of win either - they won with authority!

Chance of rain today. Fingers are appropriately crossed. Still have massive cracks in the pasture.

Old buck has been having a good time with his girls but I'll need to watch them carefully to see if they re-cycle. I'm not confident in his abilities anymore - even though he goes through the motions just fine. I'd like to get a replacement buck kid out of him, but gotta accept that the window may have closed on that possibility.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Some of those old farts are still fertile....only takes ONE strong swimmer! 🤞🤞🤫

Yrs back, a friend had whiddled his heard down to 2 elder goats. For company, he ran them together "to live out their days". Yep, that spring, one morning there were 3 in the field. :old 😁

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope springs eternal…
IMG_5525.png

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ha - we got zippo, nuttin', nada this morning. Sun came out and we got well into the 90's until late afternoon. The skies darkened, the winds blew and we got a bit over a half inch along with some nice blustery winds! Woo Hoo!