Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Talked to the folks at the fish hatchery this morning. Boo. They shut down their public retail sales between mid Nov - January. I asked if it was weather related, and she said it's not. Cool fall and spring weather is great to transport and stock the fish. The reason for the pause in sales is two-fold. First - they generally don't get a lot of individual orders this time of year. Second - they are a family business that works 7 days a week the rest of the year, so they take the holiday season off. That's ok - they start taking orders again around mid/late January and sales start back up in February.

The lady I talked to was sweet and really helpful. Told her about the size of the pond and the species that I'm interested in. She'll work up a "suggested order" of the proper number of fish and minnows. I'm a little bummed I can't get them now, but all in all not a big deal. Grandson might not be as chill about it, lol. He's ready to fish! Guess he's not going to enjoy waiting for the fish to grow!

The species we talked about are:

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I finally received the three Red Mulberry trees that I had ordered some time ago. I'll need to find some panel pieces so I can protect them from the critters. They'll be planted in the pasture, in the vicinity of the pond, but not too close that the leaves are an issue.

Almost finished Christmas shopping. Kinda went overboard with the grands this year. Can't wait until they get here. Their school break doesn't start until the 22nd. That's too late in my opinion! But they don't go back until 1-8. Not sure how long they'll want to stay here, but I hope they're here the entire time!

DH had a Physical Therapy assessment yesterday. They're going to request an extension so he can get more visits. Hope insurance agrees.

Today is our anniversary - 22 years! We talked about going to our favorite steak place for lunch. Hope he feels like getting out.

Need another cup of coffee before I get out and start chores. Rain is in the forecast for late evening/early tomorrow morning.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I finally received the three Red Mulberry trees that I had ordered some time ago. I'll need to find some panel pieces so I can protect them from the critters. They'll be planted in the pasture, in the vicinity of the pond, but not too close that the leaves are an issue.

yum! i had some once and they were delicious.

Almost finished Christmas shopping. Kinda went overboard with the grands this year. Can't wait until they get here. Their school break doesn't start until the 22nd. That's too late in my opinion! But they don't go back until 1-8. Not sure how long they'll want to stay here, but I hope they're here the entire time!

:)

DH had a Physical Therapy assessment yesterday. They're going to request an extension so he can get more visits. Hope insurance agrees.

congrats to him for getting this far and i hope more will help him further along. :) congrats to you both on the anniversary! :)