Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's awful out there! Another 1.5 inches overnight. Oh yay...

Got a call from the fish farm yesterday and they're selling again starting 2.17. My pond is still out of banks - ugh. This morning I ordered netting to put along one side. Not exactly sure how much fun it'll be to install it. I'll be working in ankle/shin deep water - hope I don't fall in, lol. I might have to wait until the next fish day in March to finally stock the pond.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This drought relief has gotten out of hand! We're good now - don't need anymore for a long while.

We're about to start delivering babies again and I hate it that they'll be coming up in this mess. I'll definitely have to keep on top of coccidia preventative.

I’m NOT A FISH!
I feel your pain!

Speaking of fish - decided to treat myself yesterday and went fishing. Took DIL as usual. Should have just sent her by herself. She caught 6 and I caught 2. We generally take two poles apiece and use one to catch small bait fish like bluegill or white perch and use them as bait to catch bass. She caught two bass. One of them she caught right at the dock on her baitfish rig. The baitfish rig generally consists of a tiny hook and a worm. She had a big ol' female bass hit the worm not a foot away from the dock. I don't even know why that tiny hook held a largemouth bass, lol. I managed to lose a good fish. Yay me... It was definitely her day!

We also watched a diving bird catch a nice big bass and proceed to try and beat it to death on a tree before it swallowed it whole. I love nature watching, lol.

Still having some back pain. Turns out that I did/do have a UTI. Doc told me at first that I didn't, but they sent off a sample to be cultured and it came back 2 days later as no good. Started on antibiotics - ugh.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Antibio will do the trick!
I'm counting on it. I do NOT get sick - and as a result I am totally not accustomed to it on the rare occasion that it happens.

Yesterday was a great day - except for feeling cruddy, lol. Gotta set a good example for DH and push through! Working on the breezeway today. I swear I'm going to shave my dogs. I do not know why they're not bald - they shed so much hair. That's why they have their own room...