Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know you will miss him, but just quietly leaving is not a bad way to go. Calm, quiet, in his barn, and he went to sleep. It sure beats hauling a pain filled animal to the vet, who can’t save/fix him.
Boss wasn’t sick or in pain, he was just at the end of a good life of being loved and being allowed to be a goat.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm definitely glad he chose the time and place and that it was peaceful. Who can ask for more?

Decided I'm going to be making some changes around here. I'll be re-configuring and re-purposing some areas. Hope I'm up to the challenge, lol.

And just because the weekend is coming - so is the rain. Every. Stinkin'. Weekend. They're already predicting that it will happen next weekend also. :th

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A neighbor is going to take care of animals while I’m gone this weekend to see DD and family. He has sheep that I gave him, currently has baby chicks, had horses before and the dogs like him. So nice that he has experience.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Does are keeping me on my toes. Checking them several times a day now. Looks like they're still holding out on me for a few more days. This was a crazy breeding season - I wasn't on top of things last fall. I've possibly got does due from any minute now until May-ish. Ugh...

Trimmed up a few feet that needed it and gave everybody some Replamin paste. My crazy girls mobbed me for their share. With 21 does all trying to get goodies at the same time it was pretty chaotic. My feet took some abuse, lol.

Forecast is calling for rain, but we may not catch the worst of it. I'll be ok if it stays north of Houston - sorry @baymule. :hide

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Does are keeping me on my toes. Checking them several times a day now. Looks like they're still holding out on me for a few more days. This was a crazy breeding season - I wasn't on top of things last fall. I've possibly got does due from any minute now until May-ish. Ugh...

haha!

Trimmed up a few feet that needed it and gave everybody some Replamin paste. My crazy girls mobbed me for their share. With 21 does all trying to get goodies at the same time it was pretty chaotic. My feet took some abuse, lol.

but no spitters! +300 :)

Forecast is calling for rain, but we may not catch the worst of it. I'll be ok if it stays north of Houston - sorry @baymule. :hide

i hope it misses you for a while longer.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been giving some thought to what I wanted for my recent b'day. Took me 11 days to decide but I went ahead and ordered that Presto canner for myself today. Decided that since I'll be downsizing the garden a bit this year that I should downsize my canner too. I'm looking forward to small batch canning.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It got cold and windy again. What's up with that? I only hope that the wind helps dry things up before we're supposed to get more rain again on the weekend. We only got a tiny little speck yesterday - .02. I can live with that.

Picked up grain this afternoon. Now just need to get it unloaded. I hope those goats appreciate how much I do for them, lol. As if! I wish the silly things would eat eggs, lol. I'm overloaded with eggs...geeze! When the hens got going this year, they really got going. And, silly me bought some extra pullets last fall. I have too many chickens! I might put together some trios and try to sell 'em. I've got two roosters that I don't need so maybe if I pair them each with two hens they'll sell. Maybe... Gotta catch 'em first - ugh.