Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm counting on it. I do NOT get sick - and as a result I am totally not accustomed to it on the rare occasion that it happens.

sorry you're feeling under the weather. UTIs can be tough to beat completely so i hope all works out well and quickly so. :)

as for doggies and hair... good luck with that. :) it's a good idea to have their own room.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What is Antbio?
Antibiotic

Went to three feed stores to try and get shavings yesterday. Seems like our previous freeze and all the rain lately have wiped out the availability of shavings around here. I found 4 bags of the extra fine at the last place I went. I don't really love the extra fine, but I didn't get a choice. One of the stores was supposed to get in a truck load overnight. Guess I'll be headed back to town this morning. Have several does on the short list to kid soon.

Need babies!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What? You "need" babies? 🫣

I need milk, so I need babies for that. Guess I'll need some to sell. And we always need them for entertainment. 🥰

While I was removing fence yesterday, several of the goats came by for "hello, scratches, hugs" time. Made me remember why I love them -- brought home my need to take more enjoyment time and not just function. As I went to the barn where I milk, one of my girls followed. She was hoping for feed -- yeah, you're not kidding me! :old :lol: beggars! But I'm missing the milk!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What? You "need" babies? 🫣
Of course, lol! I need more problems, more challenges, more cuddle time, and definitely more entertainment. I'm hoping for a nice spotted buckling. My old Kinder buck is slowing waaaaaay down. I gave him the opportunity to be the main sire this year and he really wasn't up to it. He did settle at least ONE doe for sure.

I've also got a jr. buck by Conan that I held for a year and even though he's put together better than his daddy he's not really doing it for me. His advantage is that he's 75% Kiko and I like that influence. One of my myotonic girls was bred to him and had an absolutely gorgeous buckling but he's got a minor split scrotum. I left horns on him so I won't be tempted to keep him, lol.

I'm milking the little gal that lost the buckling on my b'day. She's a sweetie for sure! Not a huge producer - but she's not a huge doe. However, she adopted me as her baby and gives wonderful kisses when I'm milking her. :love

Yes, they're all definitely beggars. Goats love food more than anything else in life!

Hoping for a great hay year! I'm definitely going to buy twice as much hay and hope that I only have half as many goats. (how likely is that, lol)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, goat reduction reared it's head today. Boss - my 13yo buck did me the huge favor of passing quietly. No muss, no fuss. Yesterday he was walking and browsing, but without much enthusiasm. He'd walk to a lush spot of rye grass and eat it while laying down. This morning he chose to stay bedded down in the barn. This afternoon he was gone. He was a good boy. I have at least one doe bred to him. Kinda hoping for a baby Boss.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i hope you get a nice replacement but wouldn't it take a while before the replacement was old enough to, erm, you know?
Well, actually, little bucklings can "erm, you know" at a very early age - like 12 weeks and in a lot of cases even a week or so earlier. He wouldn't need to "erm, you know" until next fall anyway so by then he'd by quite capable!