Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok - that last post sounded like total doom and gloom. It's not that bad, lol. DH is still with me, I AM getting fish, and I've got tons of cute baby goats! I'm just busy, busy, busy! I'll deal with it because after all - I AM SUPERWOMAN!!

Headed out to get the fish soon!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We all love our resident Superwoman!!

there's a whole bunch of you! :)

i read it pretty much how you intended @frustratedearthmother, i'm the same way, i grumble a bit but underneath i'm happy and content. this is the life i've chosen. there's noplace i'd rather be right now.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ya'll so sweet!

There are now officially 4,000 fathead minnows, 100 blue gill in the 2.5 - 3.5 inch range and 50 bluegills that are 3.5 - 4.5 inches on property. Sure hope those guys that loaded 'em could count! They came packed in 4 cardboard boxes with plastic bags full of water, fish and oxygen. They were moderately heavy! I was originally going to put the boxes into the FEL and tractor them out to the pond. Didn't really want to rut up everything though so decided to use a garden cart. I could only fit two boxes at a time so I made two trips through ankle deep water and mud which now makes-up my pasture.

I will need to go get them some food Monday. Hope there are some left in the pond by then because they literally have at least half the pasture they can swim around in if they don't like it in the pond. Geeze! I might need to call back the guy who dug the pond and see if he can come back with his skid steer and put a berm around 2/3's of the pond. Probably go ahead and try to figure out how to put a drain in it with netting so it doesn't let the fish out while we're at it. I should have done that in the first place but had no idea it would overflow so badly. Ugh!

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ya'll so sweet!

There are now officially 4,000 fathead minnows, 100 blue gill in the 2.5 - 3.5 inch range and 50 bluegills that are 3.5 - 4.5 inches. Sue hope those guys that loaded 'em could count! They were heavy too. They came packed in 4 cardboard boxes with plastic bags full of water, fish and oxygen. They were moderately heavy! I was originally going to put the boxes into the FEL and tractor them out to the pond. Didn't really want to rut up everything though so decided to use a garden cart. I could only fit two boxes at a time so I made two trips through ankle deep water and mud which now makes-up my pasture. Hope they are sleeping well tonight. I will need to go get them some food Monday. Hope there are some left in the pond by then because they literally have at least half the pasture they can swim around in if they don't like it in the pond. Geeze! I might need to call back the guy who dug the pond and see if he can come back with his skid steer and put a berm around 2/3's of the pond. Probably go ahead and try to figure out how to put a drain in it with netting so it doesn't let the fish out while we're at it. I should have done that in the first place but had no idea it would overflow so badly. Ugh!

wish i was there! i love water projects and fishies!

as they say if wishes were fishes...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gonna sleep in the bed tonight! Yay! Since we got out of the hospital we've slept downstairs in the living room. It's perfectly comfortable - but it's not bed, lol. Got DH upstairs and showered, put fresh sheets on the bed and he's all tucked in. I'm downstairs enjoying a glass of red. I needed it! In fact, I think I'll have two.

Five inches of rain the last few days. 'Nuff said!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Gonna sleep in the bed tonight! Yay! Since we got out of the hospital we've slept downstairs in the living room. It's perfectly comfortable - but it's not bed, lol. Got DH upstairs and showered, put fresh sheets on the bed and he's all tucked in. I'm downstairs enjoying a glass of red. I needed it! In fact, I think I'll have two.

Five inches of rain the last few days. 'Nuff said!
Sleep tight! <3

I can't imagine that much rain!