Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's not even Thanksgiving and I've had four dinners already. Two last week, two over the weekend. One at work. One with my m-i-law at the new apartment complex she's in. Then had our T'giving with DD on Saturday at a Mexican Food Restaurant, lol. Best T'giving EVER! No cooking - no cleaning.

It was my grandson's 10th birthday - oh my goodness - he's in double digits! I have to cherish every minute with him while he's still cuddle-able. We watched a movie and he was in my lap the whole time. We kicked back in the recliner and snuggled. He got full-time cuddles because he was the b'day boy. His sisters had to swap time on the other side of my lap, lol. Both of my legs were asleep, but I wouldn't have moved those children for any amount of money in the world!

Rushed home (4 hour drive) Sunday. Got home at noon - stuck a ham in the oven, made pistachio pudding salad, deviled 18 eggs and then packed it all up and took it to DS's house. He had smoked a turkey - yummy! We were a group of 12 and it was so good. Only bad part was that I was so tired that as soon as I ate some carbs I couldn't keep my eyes open....argh. I was home by 6:30 and in bed before 9.

All critters survived us being gone overnight. No piglets. Beginning to think she's just fat! Except her piggy boobies are about to drag the stinking ground. Some days she limps like she's three legged - and other days no limp at all. o_O

AND - I committed the ultimate act of faith/hope today. I ORDERED TOMATO SEEDS!! I will have tomatoes! Got lots to do to get ready to garden...need to move some pigs into that area, but first I need to pick all the basil and make some oh so delicious pesto. I love me some pesto! Ok - that made me hungry. I think there's some ham in there that wants to jump in my mouth!

Happy Monday ya'll!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad you are back & sounds like it was a trip worth all the effort!! Ahhh, don't rub that warm weather too hard...not all of us have "no winter".

YEP, there will be some dirty nipples when the piglets arrive! Same here. LOL BUT, but, but, it was 29 here this AM :eek: What was I thinking??? 10 days to go.....

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'VE GOT BABY PIGGIES!!!!!!!
And, I missed the whole thing...:( Went out to feed this morning and there they were. I saw absolutely NO signs last night. I even checked her boobies - squeezed the heck out of a couple of 'em and got no milk... I was watching for a milk line..... saw no milk line. Only thing I'd noticed is the last couple of days her boobs did fill in a bit...instead of hanging loose, they were hanging a little fuller.

She had 9, but one was dead when I got out there (and missing an eyeball - yuck).

Didn't have time this morning to do a sex count. I picked a couple of them up and of the two - one was male and one was female - that's all I know.

Mama was absolutely fine with me being in with them and picking them up. She had a little issue when Cowboy came in all excited and trying to reach over the fence and see what was going on. I held one out to him to see and he was all wide- eyed and "what's that thing - and should I protect you from it mom - or should I lick it - or should I run away because the big black pig is getting a little pissy?" I ended up moving Cowboy up to the yard with Gracie for the day. Just not sure how his mind was processing the whole birth thing.

All in all it was much less stressful than a goat birth for me, lol. Helps to be clueless I guess! :confused:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'll definitely get pics this evening or tomorrow for sure! They are so stinking cute! It's driving me crazy to be at work when I want to be there making sure everything is going well. Really worried she may lay on some of them....

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
YAHOO :thumbsup :celebrate:ya

Eight is plenty, really. You will know this in a couple weeks. :old They absolutely are so adorable when they begin running around. And they are sure loud when they yell--
like three times their size.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got a pic before it got too dark. They're sso stinkin' cute and they really got more active while I was at work. They were really new when I found 'em this morning....still wet...fresh umbilical cords... Tried to get a sex count but not sure I was real successful. They wouldn't be still, lol. But, my best guess is that it's either 4 and 4 or 3 and 5... I think!

Well, let me try that again - pic didn't load...grrrr!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Aren't they cute!

photo (7).JPG
Second attempt: