Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What cuties! I love baby pigs!

How funny, we moved from Livingston after being there 30+ years. We love our little town of Lindale and wonder why we didn't move sooner. So here ya' go-moving your MIL from Livingston to be closer to you and your DH. Small world, huh?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow -- they are really good sized! You must have fed mamma really well......Amazing how active they are at one day.

Cute, YES!!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Awwww, they are adorable and someday downright tasty. Baby pigs are soooo cute!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to tasty young pig already, lol. And, yes, they are good sized. I'm afraid I may have fed mama tooooo well. I'm hoping the babies will take some weight off of her - which WILL happen - but now it's the tight rope walk of making sure she doesn't lose too much weight. It's a whole new learning experience for me.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
When my sow had piglets a few years ago I fed her as usual, but only a bit extra for the milk. She kept her condition well. If yours is overweight, I'd day feed her a balanced ration, as you did pre-piglets, maybe a bit less and see how she does weight-wise.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol - that's a pair of new barn shoes that have memory foam in the sole! Woohoo! And, they're a size larger than I normally wear for ease of getting them on and off of my foot. :confused:

Sooooo, I'm trying to pretend there is nothing wrong with this foot. Not giving it any extra care any more. Trying to ignore it. Stopped using the elevator at work and climbing up stairs again. But, nobody told my foot it was being ignored so it acts up whenever it can. Still debating on seeing another doc...orthopedist instead of podiatrist next time.

Thanks for asking!

Happy T'day tomorrow ya'll!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know you are the one to ask... What is the nation Pygmy breeders association called? Is that the best place to go about finding a good quality Pygmy? Just found out the people I was going to get one from don't test at all and may or may not continue their breeding program. I want a good Pygmy buckling. It's so hard to find one, they're all crossed with Nigies around here.