Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
This little piggy went to market...

Hope you don't need the surgery.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH and I didn't do anything for T'giving day because we had so many other dinners with other family groups. But, today I cooked a rib eye roast. OMGoodness! I cooked it medium rare and served it with horseradish sauce, some roasted butternut squash, and a nice glass of wine... YUM! And for dessert (which I rarely EVER make) I have some puff pastry baked and I'll spread it with a cream cheese powdered sugar mixture and will top that will a mixture of cool whip, chocolate pudding, mini marshmallows and choc chips. I'm trying to create a special Christmas dessert for DS...so this was an experiment. I'm sure it'll need lots of fine-tuning, lol.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Only one breeder in the states surrounding me! I'm going to check out their website more tomorrow.

Umm so did you need some volunteer taste testers to check that recipe out for you? Just to make sure it's perfect? Lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WEll, the dessert was tasty for sure - but it absolutely will need to be fine tuned. Might switch away from the puff pastry and try it as a refrigerator pie. The filling(s) were delish, but need something else to dilute the choc pudding/cool whip mixture. I'm thinking maybe some Amaretto, lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Last day of my 5 days off. :( I'm pretty sure I got a lot accomplished, but dang if I can remember everything I did! Moved some critters, moved some fences, moved a round bale out - first I've put out for this season formerly known as winter, lol. We've had seriously beautiful spring like days lately. Low to mid 70's. Yesterday was still - but today is kinda breezy.

Walked out to look at my empty tubs in anticipation of actually putting some "winter" seeds into them and found WONDER OF WONDERS(!) a volunteer tomato plant that actually has buds on it. Are you kidding me???? That is about to be the most pampered tomato plant in the world. I will water it. I will protect it. I will keep chickens from eating it. I will love it forever!

Little pigsters are starting to explore their world. They're coming out of the stall and following mama and rooting in the dirt with their tiny noses and just being so incredibly cute!

photo (8).JPG