Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
There's a pig out at the farm. I have no idea what breed he is, may be a mix. He's a good size. He's also very people oriented. If I'm in "his" field and talking to someone on the other side of the fence, I have to literally sit on him to keep him from rubbing up against me.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like a nice friendly pig for sure - but not overly obnoxious!

Just got home from our annual Salvation Army bell-ringing gig at the local WallyWorld. We always reserve an eight hour stint and have our students sign up for at least a 2 hour shift. We were supposed to do it Saturday - but we paid attention to the weather forecasts and postponed until this afternoon. Good thing too because we had 5 inches of rain Saturday. Still had a few lingering showers today, but they were light and tapered off as the day went on. It was pretty nippy though - in the low 50's. Now I know that's not bad compared to what a lot of you folks are dealing with - but when it's cloudy, damp and you're standing still for hours - it gets cold!

I'm gonna have to cover up that volunteer tomato plant pretty soon - we're supposed to be below freezing by Friday. YIKES! I was wearing shorts a week ago... Now I'm bundling up and wearing mud boots everywhere.

Cowboy has been a royal PIA today. Jumped the fence twice. Grrrr! If I can catch him doing it the shock collar works pretty well - but the battery died and I took it off and I swear I think he knows that if it's off he can get away with things.

He's not quite 8 months old, and he's getting so stinking big. Did a half a$$ed measure of him today. Actually marked his height against my leg and then came in and measured from that spot to the floor and got a measurement of approximately 30 inches at the shoulder. :th

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Those stinking critters are so smart, lol. I love them but they can be a pain. My girl bella was almost 2 years old and beginning to grow out of her crazy puppy antics when she disappeared. I miss that brat so much.:(

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
There's a pig out at the farm. I have no idea what breed he is, may be a mix. He's a good size. He's also very people oriented. If I'm in "his" field and talking to someone on the other side of the fence, I have to literally sit on him to keep him from rubbing up against me.
@Denim Deb the mental image… :lol:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Supposed to get down to 24 degrees Thursday. We had pipe laid and water faucets added in several places this spring. I was also smart enough to insist on water shut off valves for EVERY single one. HA! So I will cut off the water to them, turn on the water, drain it out and I won't be worried about busted frozen pipes.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That's a good idea. It's supposed to get cold here over the weekend as well. I'll be taking the hose off the hydrant at the farm. Don't need it to freeze in place.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
"Supposed" to get a freeze here too - but I kinda doubt it. "They" say that it should get to Houston, but probably not much further south than that. Of course, that's probably when the gilt will deliver... ugh!