Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OK -- so BOTH of you need to do what it takes to get RID of that crap. Those DHs aren't pushing you because you are annoying with the sounds, it's because they would like you to stay alive. Not breathing can kill you. It's called "lack of oxygen" :thIt can damage so many other organs without asking or telling you :he Ladies get a grip. Now I am NOT one to take meds, go to dr unless really bad but, you are bad! You need to take the meds & rest. Get better. You have a lot of people depending on you getting well. Get to it!!! :old

Otherwise, I wish you both a good strong dose of doing what YOU would be telling others to do. :hide:hugs

So go stir the chicken soup.....then have some. It is good for you. Cornbread does taste good.....then rest, take your meds. Pneumonia is not a good thing, hard to get over, it weakens you more than you think. That oxygen thing.;):old

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I agree with Mini Horses, you need to look after yourself and get better :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hear ya!

Felt a bit better this morning so went out to try and catch up on a few things. Needed to copper a bunch of goats. It's a easy job with my crew cuz I open the bolus and mix it with pumpkin puree. The majority of my goats fight to slurp it up. Needed to worm a few young 'uns, so I got a couple of those done and then I hit the proverbial wall. It's 80 degrees out there today so when I'd had enough I came back in and am on the couch being a slug.

See, I'm taking advice and resting now!

We're supposed to get some hellacious wind tomorrow. "They" say we'll have steady 30 - 40 mph winds with possible gusts to 55 mph! What the heck is up with that?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Keep feeling better!

Eww 80 is like full on summer for me.
We would be DEEE-LIGHTED with an 80 degree "full on summer" :lol::lol:

FEM, we got hard winds last night and today. The tree tops were whipping back and forth, thought we'd wake up to tall toothpicks with roots, LOL

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We actually hit 82 here yesterday! Today has been all about the wind...earlier today it was running steady at about 25mph. Wind gauge said we had a gust over 30. Hope it helps dry up some of the swamp we've got around here right now!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It blew in COLD this afternoon! Cloudy, dreary, windy, cold, blech.....

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think this crazy warm/freezing/wet weather is enough to make anyone sick, lol. Snow one week and tornado warnings the next. Boy howdy, this is Arkansas! Global warming? Who the heck knows!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It was chilly this morning - 43 - but turned into a beautiful day!

AND - Praise the Lord - I think I've turned a corner with this respiratory business! Went back to work today and made it through the whole day. Got a bit winded climbing the stairs, but other than that - no problems. Lots of cedar/spruce pollen in the air, but used a nasal spray this morning that I hadn't been using and that might have made the difference. Whatever it was - I'm soooooo thankful!

Also had therapy on the foot. OMG... I got an ultrasound treatment and then got THE BEST FOOT MASSAGE that I've ever had in the history of LIFE! I had to keep telling myself not to moan, don't moan, whatever you do - DON'T MOAN - lol. Didn't it want to get weird!! :lol: Of course, I had to share that with my DH - need him to step it up a bit in the foot massage department! ;)

Talked to the neighbor about butchering hog(s). We're aiming for a couple weeks IF the weather cooperates. Now I've just got to pick which boar is going - or maybe even butcher them both. They eat a lot! I can always let one of the little 'uns grow up and breed his sisters/mother/aunt. For freezer meat who cares if they're kin???

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That foot massage sounds like heaven!

They eat a lot! I can always let one of the little 'uns grow up and breed his sisters/mother/aunt. For freezer meat who cares if they're kin???

Sure! After all, if they are born with extra hind legs, that's just more meat! :lol:

Latest posts