Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When does your kidding season start again?
Finally looked it up and the first does could be due starting March 7...that's 145 days. However, it'll probably be closer to the 12th of March since the bigger does usually take at least 150 days. Most of my pygmies would always kid on day 145...

Getting close - hope we dry up some between now and then!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
SO glad you're feeling better and didn't end up in the hospital!!! Take care of you, cause if you don't then you can't take care of anybody else either! :hugs
Sounds like yall got some of the rain we got. So relieved that it's stopped for a while, and it's going to be warm enough that the horses don't need sheets tonight. Of course that only means they'll be muddier when the sheets have to go back on... Oh well.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks HQ! I think I got on the antibiotics just in time - still took 'em 5 days to start working. I was beginning to think I had some kind of resistant bug - but they finally kicked in. Took the last one this morning. Glad to be off of them...gonna keep eating yogurt for a few more days.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Love my DD, love my DD, love my DD....

Geeze, don'tcha love it when your kids 'volunteer' you for something?

Background info: My daughter is a paralegal...and a good one. She does consulting gigs all over the state and knows sooo many lawyers it's not even funny. (Sometimes that's not a good thing to brag about, lol.) But, it works for her. She is also the recipient of a lot of free legal services because she knows so many lawyers. For several years now and (two custody cases) she's had a great friend/lawyer do all the legal work he and hasn't charged her a dime even though he has paid for all sorts of stuff out of his own pocket.

Soooo - when this lawyer's paralegal's husband, who does media and camera work for special events, (can you say SUPERBOWL?) got bumped from his hotel that he'd had reserved for over a year - she called me. Actually she called me AFTER she offered my two spare bedrooms to this media guy and his cameraman! Say WHAT????

I actually wish I'd thought about renting a room or two before she offered my rooms for me - for free, lol. So, it kinda looks like I might have two total strangers as guests for the WEEK before and up to the Superbowl. :th

They will arrive on Monday (which just happens to be my birthday) leave on Wednesday, come back on Friday and leave again on the Monday after the game. JOY! But, if it helps her with the 'payback' to the lawyer who has done literally multiple tens of thousands of dollars worth of work for her with no charge - I'm ok with it.

Actually, DH and I are always up for an adventure - and this should be one - so why not? Of course, I told her to warn him that this is a working farm and there will be dogs barking and chickens crowing and pigs squealing and all manner of sounds, smells and unusual sights for them to object to!

Not sure it's an absolute 100% done deal yet. I'm sure they're still scrambling trying to find something closer - but so far they haven't. Stay tuned - this might be fun!

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They might be trying to find something less... Farmy! Lol that could be good entertainment value for you!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like it could be lots of fun! The more the merrier I always say!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I suspect looking for closer but also "less occupied". No doubt they have erratic and unpredicted schedules, so would want to not be imposing :\ .... little do they know how very erratic and unpredictable a farm schedule can really be :lol::th

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's official. Also official that there are no commercial rooms available within 50 miles of Houston in any direction (or so I'm told).:idunno

They will be here early Monday evening - 6pm-ish. They'll stay two nights then go back home to Dallas for two nights and then come back Friday and stay until Monday morning. At least that's the plan as of last night.

Isn't it funny how we (meaning me) will clean more for a perfect stranger than for my own family, lol. I've been working my butt off! Also - it's a shame that I need to work my butt off. :hide Isn't this housecleaning thing something that should be done on an ongoing basis? Who has time for that?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, all I can say on a VERY positive note, I wish I could have paid some of my attorney bills with 5 nights of "hotel". :lol:

Does this include continental breakfast? Evening wine and hot tub? Dang girl, I may need to book a room!!! :p :clap

About 15 yrs ago I went to FL to pick up a little stallion who I had sold (regrettably) on a buy back to a nice mini horse farm. Little did I know that the weekend I was going to pick him up was a HUGE college football wknd. NO rooms!!!! Well, one about 50 miles out & $200+ a night. Only gonna sleep about 6 hrs. So, I slept in my Jeep, in her yard!!! Gotta love a good horse!

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, all I can say on a VERY positive note, I wish I could have paid some of my attorney bills with 5 nights of "hotel". :lol:

Isn't it crazy how my daughter's debt is being paid back by ME? Of course, it's better than giving her cash I guess. But at the rate of rooms around here this week - this ought to pay him off pretty good. People are renting out their two bedroom apartments for 5 grand for the weekend! Crazy stuff!

Continental breakfast....? Well, I was thinking coffee bar and muffins. Plus, I'll precook some sausage patties that we can shove inside a biscuit and call it good. At least that's how it'll be for the first couple days - those days are work days for me too. The following weekend - who knows?

So - coming to Texas? Come on! But you gotta come while the place is still clean, lol. I'm not doing this much cleaning again for awhile. :barnie