Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not the best pics....but...

photo (18).JPG
photo (16).JPG

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OK -- Good Girl, FEM!! Hope you have as much luck as I did...only took 2 weeks. I was delighted.

MS..potbelly & AGH different. If you wanta pet, potbelly. If you want a pet friendly porker to butcher, AGH. Mine were 2-225 @ a year. 140 butchered, each. Prob 100# excellent meats & I rendered leaf lard, 12-15# each (I did 2). Now, no pigs. :cool: Figure I can buy more, raise more. It's ok they are gone. They really respect hot wire!!!! Also, little odor from the AGHs.

FEM -- maybe DH wants to see how much time/work it takes, & what meat is like at the different stages. I would take mine at 9 mos next time, probably get less layer of body fat. The meat portion wasn't excessive with fat...so little less weight but, less overall layer of fat under skin. The ones I caught had some cute buns on them!! Would have been great on the grill!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Ooo happy belated birthday! Mine is a week after yours!
Glad you got pics, hope they go fast! They're cute enough!
Your superbowl guests sound like fun. Nice to meet different people. I always love it when city folk come to the farm, it cracks me up.
My BF's mom seeing the chickens the other day "it really does look like rubber on top of their head!"
:rolleyes:Yes, yes, their comb does look like rubber....

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just checked my email and so far exactly ZERO hits on the piggies. YAY - maybe we will do the "butcher them at different sizes" experiment. I think I've finally decided what I want for my b'day. DH kept asking me and asking me and I couldn't think of anything at the time. BUT - now I want a meat grinder....yep...gonna start looking.

Those of ya'll that have them feel free to make suggestions!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh yes! That's a good thing to ask for! We have umm.... Ugh internet won't load it. STX Turbo Force 3000. Got it from Amazon. We like it a lot. Only complaint (not that it's a big deal) is that it's a little loud. It's slower than a commercial one, obviously, but we did a LOT of pork sausage and a deer with it. No problem.

Aww no replies yet? I sold 2 goats a month ago in 24 hours and now I've had another one listed for 2 days and not even the people who want to offer me $50 for a registered Nigie have showed up yet, haha. I wrote that I was switching to minis And one person emailed me asking what a mini was and wanted an education on them, haha. I sent them the MDGA website.

Latest posts