Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Fingers crossed for the DH for the eye appt and the pump! That bottle holder idea sounds genius. Let us know if it works!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes there is a huge difference between heritage and commercial pigs. Heritage are so much smarter!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
OH man, that sounds like a great idea for the bottles! Did it work???
Hope DH's appointments go well and you get a date for surgery!
Thinking of yall lots!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It worked - ish, lol. It's a little hard to get it started cuz when you turn the bottles upside down the milk starts running out and the babies get excited and it's mass mayhem for a few seconds. But, I think with some fine tuning it will be awesome!

upload_2017-4-17_9-23-8.png

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am loving the artificial udder, lol! Best idea my DH has ever had.

Long day at the eye doc. Yep - surgery is indicated. Except - we thought he'd want to do surgery on the right eye for the cataract. But, since DH has some vision in that right eye, Doc wants to do the left eye to clear out the solid field of blood that is blocking virtually all vision in that eye. So...the dreaded Vitrectomy (auto-correct wants this word to be "vasectomy"! :lol:) is the answer. That's the one where they drain all the vitreous humor inside the eye. While he's in there Doc will do as much laser repair to the retina that he can and then he'll fill the eye back up with saline. YUCK! But his vision is much more important than the 'yuck' factor.

And, to top off a 'perfect' day - DH is writing up a grievance to be filed against his bit___.... I mean his boss tomorrow. She is simply a horrible person and is quite the bully. I asked DH today if he would take that kind of treatment from his boss if his boss were a man. His answer "he** no". So, just because you are a gentleman you accept this kind of treatment from her? Nope - not gonna do it any more. We already know he's gonna lose this job - but this evil spawn of Satan is going to get some of her own. She's already had grievances filed against her several times for her treatment of people. You'd think she'd learn...grrrrr.

DH called his boss's former boss (the one who moved on and has already offered to find him a place in her new company). She is the one who convinced him to file the grievance. I say go for it! He wanted to just go clean out his office this evening and never go back - but I wouldn't let him do it. No unemployment if you handle it that way, lol. Maybe with this they'll offer him some severance to just resign. Ok - that'll work.

As a diabetic he should have ADA protection. He's gonna play that card too - as well he should. The day his boss attacked him with a pamphlet at work (assault) he was in the midst of a hypoglycemic episode. And, without sounding mean - low blood sugar makes ya stupid - lol! The brain runs on sugar and when you don't have any in your blood - your brain just doesn't function well. So, he did make a mistake on a report. She accused him of "falsifying" the report. Sorry lady... that's pushing it. My DH is a very intelligent man... BSN in Nursing, Masters in Health Care Management, lots of certifications. He's got a list of letters after his name that darn near takes two lines to include them all. But, when his blood sugar is low he has no "snap" at all. Poor guy. And then he feels horrible because he is not the kind of person who screws up at work. He's just not ok with that and hates to even tell people he's diabetic, but it is part of who he is and plays a huge part in his life.

So, we will see where this goes. This job is, for all intents and purposes, history.

On to farm 'stuff'. Talked to a guy tonight who wants 'some goats'. Doesn't know how many - just wants a good deal on some goats. I think I can fix him up! I'm terrible when I finally decide to sell - cuz at that point I just look at the goat as part of the problem and want it gone. So, I tend to make a lot of "deals" especially if they want more than one goat. It's all about lowering the work load and the feed bill.'

Most of the seeds that I planted weekend before has popped up. I see green in my garden and green is good. The only thing that hasn't come up is some yellow squash - but the seeds were 8 years old. I thought I'd just stick 'em in dirt and see if they'd grow, but obviously not. I'm pretty sure I've go some more seeds and I'll try o get them planted. I can't stand an empty row. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that this little garden will produce something for me. :fl:fl

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So sorry for everything your husband is going through. As if being diabetic and not being able to see or think clearly isn't bad enough, he has to deal with that? I hope it gets resolved and I hope the gross eyeball surgery helps! You both need a break here!

Oh and the ADA is no joke. I hope he does use that! I was a special education teacher, so I spent a LOT of time learning about that!

Selling animals is hard. My husband and I only make deals for people we get a good feeling about, and for multiple sales. But sometimes you'll eat up the money difference feeding them until someone wants to pay a little more.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh my word, FEM, why does this woman still have a job? She's a nightmare! I worked for a manager like that many years ago. We did a LOT of data entry and couldn't correct mistakes ourselves, he had to do it. Whenever I asked him to, I was either "stealing" or "committing fraud". And he screamed at us all the time, to the point where the neighbouring department's staff would knock on the dividing walls to shut him up. Of course having that pressure made us make even more mistakes! So you can imagine. The final straw came the day he snapped and threw a chair at me. He wasn't mad at ME even, he was just under pressure, with a self-admitted anger control issue... Enough said.

Big hugs to you and your DH :hugs for the work issues and the surgery. Tell him to hang in there and stay strong and go through the right channels, so he can get out o.k. She caused him enough harm already.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is amazing how much she gets away with. But he is filing the grievance against her today. We will see what happens after that. DH is good friends with his boss's former boss. She is in his corner and has already said she's got some idea's in mind for getting him on at her new company. We've got to get past this surgery and he'll be able to find something new.

We got rain overnight - lots of rain. We had over an inch an hour and had topped 6 inches by the time I woke up . A little town about 7 miles from my house had 11 inches overnight and has flooded homes. So sad...

We're not flooded, but there's more water in my yard than there has been in years - maybe decades.

water.JPG

My front yard as I as leaving (late) for work this morning! I did take a peek at my garden when I went out - and so far all the new seedlings are still above water. Thank goodness I made the rows tall enough. Fingers crossed that the water will drain quickly! Goats were NOT happy when I went out to check on everyone.

Praying for sunshine!

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That sounds promising for your DH. Fingers crossed for things there and for the rain to slow down a bit! Goodness, you have a lot of water there.