Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Went out in the pouring rain this morning to feed the bottle babies. Guess in my rush to get back inside and away from the lightening I must not have closed the gate to the garden very well. What was beautiful and orderly and held such great promise this morning is totally destroyed tonight.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
All your work in the garden! So sorry, but at least it is still early and you can replant. Why is it, when things are going all wrong, there is that "one more thing" that finally gets to you? You have had a lot to deal with lately and you're not done yet. But it will get better.

Your husband's boss needs to be fired and I hope he can help bring her down. She needs to hit the road.

I hope that his surgery is successful and he has a good recovery.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll. I found about half of the pepper and eggplants that they'd literally pulled out of the ground and I stuck them back in and crossed my fingers. :fl They are nothing but a root ball and a stem at this point - don't know if they can recover but I'm gonna hope. They even got the tomatoes that had 2 x 4 wire cages around them. Some of them might be ok - they pulled the two best ones right outta the dirt so I stuck them back in too and said a little prayer that they could make it. Can't really blame the goats - they were just being goats. And, thankfully, with our seasons here I can probably just start over.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Ugh no, I'm sorry to hear this! Fingers crossed the replanted seedlings will be o.k. Is it still cool and rainy by you guys? That should help them.

:hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is, for now. We had over 7 inches of rain Monday night. We've had a bit more today, but thankfully, very light showers. Absolutely beautiful now that it's cleared up some. It's sunny, low 80's and a light breeze. Today's weather forecast brought to you by FEM! LOL

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
LOL Good job! Well, that should help the seedlings hopefully :fl

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It was torrential... We had the first six inches in about 5 hours. Slowed down a tiny bit after that. Only light showers this morning and the day turned beautiful.

As far as the garden, I think some green beans survived, but I didn't see any cucumber seedlings left. They really didn't do anything but step on the zucchini plants - but they got ALL of my asparagus... :( That's not even right!

Thankfully, this area is such a small area that I had some winter squash planted in another plot and okra in a different place also.

We've had enough rain for awhile... Praying for sunshine!

Latest posts