Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are home! He's extremely thirsty, very hungry and just a little bit "drunk", lol. Doc said he took out "A LOT OF BLOOD", and did a LOT of laser surgery. He's not sure he got it all, but he got out A LOT OF BLOOD. Not sure I like the way he said that... DH can't even tell how it is yet cuz he's wearing a patch that he can't take off until tomorrow. Guess we'll know how much improvement there is then....geeze! Right now he has no pain because the eye is still numb from the block. Hope that lasts for awhile. They gave no prescription pain drugs so he'll start taking some OTC drugs just as soon as he finishes feeding his face. After that - I see a looooong nap in his immediate future.

We're overcast and warm today, and we've had a couple of light showers. Sounds like a perfect day to get out in the garden! Hope I can get enough done to make a difference before I come in and start cooking. He's requested an enchilada dinner - and I couldn't say no.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
So glad it's over and it sounds like it went well? Lots of blood doesn't sound so good though… Hugs to you both

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Seems to have gone pretty good. I'd look at that statement as tho he means he got most of it gone. That would "seem" to translate into clearer fluid now.

Praying for only a great outcome!!! Yes on the dinner, even if garden gets nothing done. :hugs Just dig in the dirt a little, it is relaxing, after all. And, hug a goat!! That always seems to help me remember to be thankful for the blessings we have. That cute new kid will be great for that. Do it! I know you know it can relieve some stress.

Waiting for tomorrow's update. :caf

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Having a little trouble keeping his blood sugar stable. His body responds to stress in such a dramatic way by shooting his BS waaaaay up. We should be able to get it under control today hopefully. I went ahead and stayed home to keep him on top of it today. And to try to get a little rest for me too. He really does need help - he's not allowed to bend over. Ever try to put your socks/shoes on when you can't bend over? Drop your phone on the floor? Whoops! Need something on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator? Nope - not happening. Just didn't feel comfortable leaving him alone.

Made more cheese last night - yay! Need to think about doing something with the pigs head that's in the freezer. I'm so tired right now that all I can think of is thawing it out for dog food... I'm trying to resist that urge. What I really need to do is get that pig belly out of the freezer and get to makin' bacon!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope your husband can get his blood sugar leveled out. How's he feeling, other than the blood sugar?

Pig's head... Yeah, call us wasteful but we don't do anything with the head. Freaks me out, lol. Bacon though, I love my bacon!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
FEM, forget about the pig's head and other bits for now and get some rest in-between helping DH :hugs How is he doing today? Beside the erratic BS.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's a lot of stress. Praying for a good result. Lucky you to have a pig head and belly. I know it's a lot of work but it will be worth it. Maybe you could freeze the head until time to work it up.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He's actually is feeling pretty good today. Thank goodness! Took awhile for his 'goofy' meds to wear off yesterday! He was having some pretty wild dreams and talking in his sleep, lol. Crazy stuff!

I'm surprised there's not more pain associated with it. He took Tylenol a couple times yesterday evening, but so far nothing this morning.

I'm a little worried abut how his eye is gonna look. I'm guessing that it'll be very bloodshot. One of the negative side effects of this surgery is that the eye might not be the same size as it was because it's hard to judge how much fluid to put back in there. I'm pretty good with 'blood and guts' but eyes and mouths kind of creep me out, lol. (Don't tell him I said that!)

Pigs head is still in the freezer. It can stay there awhile. But, I'm off until Monday and I feel like I need to take advantage of the time while I can. But, it can wait.