Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got up a little late this morning and I'm ok with that! I reached over and touched DH before getting out of bed. I do that every time I wake up - whether in the middle of the night or morning. It's the easiest way for me to know that he's not having a blood sugar crash. If he gets really low - his skin is clammy...ugh.

He is a later sleeper - drives me CRAZY! He always has been and it always WILL drive me crazy! So much wasted daylight. But, I'm not gonna gripe at him...his body has been through it lately and rest will do him good.

We're supposed to be overcast all day with rain starting tomorrow. Looks like rain out there, but so far just lotsa clouds and breeze. I did force myself to get some towels out on the line.

I absolutely, positively have to disbud at least one baby today....will probably go ahead and do the other itty bitty one too but she's so tiny!

Will get in the garden for awhile for sure... I need to get some tubs filled with soil/manure/compost to be ready for my comfrey roots that should arrive today.

I saw that @NH Homesteader started a thread on heritage breeds. That gives me the idea to go ahead and separate out my breeds and try to get some pure eggs to hatch later this year. I don't know why I haven't already done it because I've got broody hens all over the place. If my birds had been separated I could already be hatching some purebred chicks. As usual - I'm late getting started on any new project - ugh.

My 'to do' list sure isn't getting any shorter with me sitting here. Gonna finish this cup of coffee and get busy!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Consider finding someone close who has a pure flock of something you want and buy eggs..... I do that. Changes up the bloodlines, also.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You know I didn't start that thread to give you more to do:lol:
LOL - yea, thanks for that! :hide

This is really something I should have done a loooong time ago anyway. And, now that it's on my list - doesn't mean it's at the TOP of the list! :lol:

I actually like fall chicks. Our winters are mild so don't have to worry about the cold - and they're ready to lay in the spring. But, I need to get them separated if I want pure bred chicks. I'll go over to your Heritage Breed thread and talk about my heritage birds.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just got caught up on your journal! BAD Cowboy!!! Hope you can keep him where he needs to be! You might want to hold off on de-nutting him...... He might need to be a Daddy to a female puppy from SBC's Rita!! I do hope that SBC decides to breed Rita because I want a puppy from her and I have my eye on Cowboy! but not if he is de-nutted....... :lol:

I hope your husband continues to improve and can get on with life. Bless his heart, he has been through a lot and so have you.

I am looking forward to the rain tomorrow, I have a lot of plum juice in the refrigerator to make jelly and the rain will force me to stay inside! But it has to clear off by tomorrow evening so we can go watch our neighbor's 3 year old boy do mutton busting!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I really don't WANT to have him neutered... the last male dog I had neutered died of cancer. The neighbors dog that was neutered died from cancer. My parents neutered male died from cancer... so I might just tie a brick around his neck or something, lol! Don't tell SBC! Just kidding, I wouldn't do that! I just keep praying that he stays in. I measured him today...as best I could cuz he kept wanting to sit down....and if I could keep him standing he'd put his head down - but as close as I could get he's close to 30 inches at the shoulder.

I really hope SBC breeds Ms. Rita too! She hasn't done an update lately has she? I haven't been over there much lately since the "invasion!"

DH is having a pretty good day. Can't see any better, but he feels pretty good. I think the effects of the anesthesia are finally out of his system. Geeze, that man can be crazy when he's "under the influence."

We're s'posed to get rain too. Last couple times 'they' said we were gonna get wet - it hasn't happened. We really need it so I'm :fl!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh Rita... Love her! And love cowboy. The combination of the two might be dangerous though, lol!

I'm hoping Rita has a farm dog type pup in that litter. I don't "need" a LGD, but can always use a good farm dog!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Forgot to say that I started "operation chicken round-up" tonight. I got most, if not all, of my EE/Ameraucana's put in a pen. One of my hens has been 'visiting' the neighbors flower beds so it was time to get that stinker and stop her wandering ways. What is it with my critters and wandering? Geeze.. .. maybe they ALL need a brick tied around their necks, lol! :lol::hide