Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear he's feeling better and pain free! Hopefully he'll recover soon and there won't be any listing side effects from the surgery.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had our follow-up this afternoon. Guess I went in there expecting him to have perfect vision as soon as they took the patch off....but that wasn't exactly how it went. We didn't see his surgeon - we saw an associate and he really didn't tell us anything we wanted to hear. Not that he told us bad news - but every time we asked him a question he said "I wasn't there, you'll have to ask your surgeon." GRRRRRRRRRRRR! His eye was still extremely dilated so that didn't help...and pretty bloodshot - but all in all it doesn't look as bad as I feared it might. Guess we are still in 'wait' mode and I'm not real happy about it.

I had a little time to peck around in the garden today. I found a couple tiny green tomatoes! And, some tiny little zucchini! And, some tiny little green beans! And, a tiny little yellow squash! YaY! I'm trying, a little at a time, to get feed sacks put down and covering them with wood shavings. Slow going, but I'm determined.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
GRRRR is right! I hate that! When is the next checkup? So not cool when hospitals do that.

Yayyyy garden! Hope it turns out ok despite the goat fiasco!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We see his surgeon on Wednesday. Right after surgery the surgeon told me he put an air bubble in DH's eye so that he (the surgeon) can see in there for his next few exams. It should dissipate on it's own in around 3 weeks. Guess that means that he expected the eye to still be so cloudy that he couldn't see through it without the air bubble. So, I guess that makes sense that his vision still isn't that great.

We ran into two people from the hospital where he worked while we were grabbing a bite to eat after the follow-up exam. Both of them told him how much the hospital misses him....both said they would love for him to come back... but when DH said that he knows not "everybody" (meaning his old boss) wouldn't welcome him back they both said some 'not so nice' things about her.

A lot of the peppers and eggplant are just not thriving after the goat attack - but I put in a few new ones and maybe, just maybe, they'll pick up the slack. I'm going to give them and the tomatoes a nice soaking with some diluted fish emulsion tomorrow. Hope that will perk them up. But, I'm pleasantly surprised about the other stuff.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I suspect that DH eye will take a couple weeks to clear up. Then vision would settle some more after that. It isn't like lazer surgery for "regular" issues...but, seems it had to be done. He has special needs with the diabetes problems.

Does he still have to limit the bending? Is he feeling ok with the whole situation? As a nurse, at least he knows what is involved. Got to help a little -- of course, nurses are not the best patients! :cool::hugs

I'm sure he was glad to see some co-workers. That was nice to have just happened. :)

Sounds like your gardening is working. I hope to do some feed bag planting tomorrow, potatoes, and some tomato transplanting. Went to old pig pen and dug most of the volunteer tomato plants (about 12-18" tall), the 3 melon plants and found a pepper plant that had come up since last time. Could be red, green, poblano, jalapeno, banana...who knows! I consider these gifts from my AGHs. At the cost of this size plants, there's about $60-75 worth. Well fertilized, too. :rolleyes: They are in a big tray, with lots of the dirt, watered, in the back of my truck under the peach tree...for shade. :celebrate A friend gave me a couple started ones that are cherry, a yellow slicer & something else. these may be in containers for a while as I hooked tiller to mower and it won't crank! Well, it's something with the pull, hanging up in there. Need a fixer to come by!! :cool: