Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Trip has appointed himself yard dog. Our yard is fenced with a gate. He only jumped OUT OUTSIDE once. He got a verbal drubbing about a hundred times on many consecutive days . He must have got the message. Now he just jumps out of the sheep pasture to the yard. Sometimes he jumps back in with the sheep. Why do these darn dogs have to be so stinking independent?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yea - Cowboy has, for two days in a row, jumped into the neighbors yard. Now, these aren't my favorite neighbors, lol, so I commend him for scaring the daylights outta them!!! And, when he had accomplished his mission he jumped right back into his own yard. BUT, it's not a good thing - I guess they could probably use 'force' to keep him off of their property....so I can't let this continue. We did go the goat show in Brenham for a couple hours and locked him in the livestock trailer while we were gone. I was totally shocked when I got home and he was still in there! I may have a Cowboy proof jail after all. But,, we had a tarp over it for shade and he took out his frustration on the tarp. Goofus!

So, I went out after we got home and extended the height on the fence between the neighbors and us. That better work... and so far it has worked on all the other places I've used that method. I use simple lightweight 2 x 4 welded wire. I think it works because he can't really get his feet in those openings to climb over - plus it's not stout enough to hold his weight while he climbs. :fl

I think just for good measure I'm going to do another section of fence between us and the same neighbors. It's behind the small barn and inside the buck pen - and he HAS once or twice in the past went over into a different part of their yard. He hasn't lately - but I'm kind of over taking chances with where he's going to go...gee whiz. DH is quite "OVER" this challenging dog. :(

Latest posts