Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And, he does it so well... with a smile on his goofy face, lol! I wish I lived in the middle of a gazillion acres and he could roam it all - but no go here. He's gonna have to adapt.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
About 4 - 4.5 ish acres that is fenced for my critters is what he's supposed to stay on. Maddie has been on this much land - well actually smaller before we fenced the neighbors property - and NEVER tried to roam. Gracie could probably leap tall fences in a single bound if she were inclined - but Gracie lives to please us and would NEVER try to leave. Cowboy is male...and we know how they are...and thinks he should protect the whole freakin' road! Hope he stays in while we are gone tomorrow. I even bought a "heavy duty" kennel for him and he literally bent the metal hinges so the gate would open. We fixed that and he dug under enough to get his head through the hole and LIFTED the kennel with his head/neck. Lifted a kennel that I can barely move an inch by myself. After we fixed it so he couldn't dig by lining the bottom of the kennel with panels that he can't dig through - he climbed over. Six feet and he went over. I need to put a top on it...just haven't had time. I actually came home from work yesterday at 8:30 just to fix fence for this goofus. But I love the big goofball. DH is about over him....

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holy moly he's serious. Is Maddie spayed? How the heck does he behave during heat if not?

I have to admit, you're making LGD's not sound appealing at all:gig:th

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Anatolian Shepherd - Livestock Guardian Dog extraordinare - most of the time. I think the issue is that he's up front (not in the big pasture) with the babies (goat babies) but he gets bored. It's a smaller area than the big pasture...but he CHOOSES to be there. He jumps IN the pen from the big pasture...but when he's ready to get out - he jumps totally out instead of going back to the pasture with the adult goats.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
None of my dogs are "fixed".... what a challenge!!! :he

I'm going to bed folks----early day tomorrow!

Latest posts