Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Praying for you through the storm, and especially for your husband's eyesight. Take pictures.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks so much MMD!

It's 5:30am and all is well, so far. Woke up to a great smelling house. I started a pork loin last night and let it go on low all night long. Oh my!

We had one rain band go through yesterday evening, and I've seen some lightening off in the distance, but that's it. That will change soon enough.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Stay safe, FEM. Hopefully the storm would not be too hard on you guys. I didn't realise you were that close to the coast, for some reason I had you way further inland. Heaven help me if I ever go to the States… I have no clue where anywhere is lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks @sumi I don't think we're going to get much more than on and off rain today. It's supposed to intensify as the day goes on. Nothing left to do but wait.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sumi I feel the same way about going overseas- my non-US geography skills leave something to be desired lol.

Just watching news stories now- are you in the evacuation zone? It sounds like you're going to have a long run of it. Hope you and your husband will be home and hunkered down when it starts!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not in the evacuation zone. Glad about that - cuz I wouldn't leave for this anyway, lol. It's going to be a pain, but I don't think we're in a life threatening area/situation here.

Before Hurricane Ike came through the Sheriff's dept sent deputies through and told everyone who was staying to write their SS # on their arm with permanent marker, lol. As IF!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well that's depressing! Glad you're safe where you are. I'm scared of hurricanes, we get them here but they're not usually too bad by the time they get to us. Not dangerous anyway, just super annoying (downed trees, washed out roads and no power).

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I'm not too worried about this first round. But, they are saying now that after it hits down south of us that it's gonna turn around, head back into the gulf, and then make landfall again somewhere closer to us and that it could gain strength again. CRAZINESS!

Went and picked up some square bales a it ago. I've got a round bale out, but it's outside of the barn. It's under cover but they have to go out to get it. Now they can eat in dry comfort - the spoiled brats!

On the way home I saw some horses in a pasture with a phone number spray painted on 'em. Geeze louise - am I underestimating this thing - or are they going overboard? I guess 'better safe than sorry'...