Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That sounds delicious. It's cool, I hear "hurricane weight" is a thing. It's accepted, lol

Glad you're good so far!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep... we are under an almost never ending tornado warning...keep getting those annoying phone alerts that say 'take shelter now." Well, dang it, I am in a shelter, lol.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Stay safe, cook things ya'll like to eat and get some sleep tonight. It is hard to sleep when in the middle of raging weather, but try to rest. I sure hope you come out the other side of this with no damage. :fl Hang in there.

We get some bodacious tornadoes up here, makes me want a storm shelter. I sure would be pissed if I crawled out of a shelter to see my house obliterated, probably more pissed if I was in it.....:lol:

storm shelter wouldn't work down there, you'd freakin' drown! I have so many projects going and need to start more, guess I won't be getting a storm shelter/root cellar anytime soon.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband is very stressed out that you are staying home, lol. He said go north! You have a livestock trailer!

See we're scared of hurricanes!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband is very stressed out that you are staying home, lol. He said go north! You have a livestock trailer!

See we're scared of hurricanes!

Heck - I'm scared of them too!

It truly is a calculated risk either way. USUALLY - with a hurricane it's less than a day of stress and danger....this one is a whole new ballgame. But, taking all things into consideration I think staying was the best idea working with the information I had at the time. They have been stressing to our area that this is a rain event - not a wind event. I've been in this house 30 years and we've never had flood water get close to coming in. It WILL come up in the yard! The pasture will be a mess - but the barns have always stayed dry.

Loading up everything is not only a pain in the butt - it comes with it's own dangers. Getting stranded with a flat tire or a mechanical problem with 30 goats and 3 horses (if I could even get them all on board a 16 ft trailer) would be a horrible experience. Not to mention two dogs in heat - argh! Finding a place for all the critters is another issue. Yes, there are some folks who will welcome you - but ya gotta think about the dangers of that too. Good way to expose your animals to a lot of stress and/or disease. Is it better than staying home - who knows?